Suggestion Declined MET - CID: New Subdivision (CID)

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

ConnorPMP

Media Team
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: New Subdivision (CID)

Division: MET - CID

Hi so in real life there is a type of unit that is a mix between SCD and UCO but they carry firearms. So I would like to have a subdivision called surveillance. They will be trained in firearms, boxes and UCO. They will be deployed to follow and strike on suspects, suspected of carrying a firearm.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Then that takes away the job of AFO
Hi the reason why this won’t effect AFO is because we will follow them and give comm’s to AFO. Like if AFO needed an inside man to protect the surveillance officer he will carry an unseen gun. So this will help AFO plan the next stage of there plan.

Hi so in real life there is a type of unit that is a mix between SCD and UCO but they carry firearms. So I would like to have a subdivision called surveillance. They will be trained in firearms, boxes and UCO. They will be deployed to follow and strike on suspects, suspected of carrying a firearm.
I doubt this would happen in game due to the same reason that armed FSD was removed. It simply took the job away from AFO, if a suspect is known to be armed then CID would have armed units on standby right behind them in an unmarked car.

Hello Connor, thanks for your suggestion.

As mentioned above by others, armed situations would be handled with help from an ARV and by giving CID firearms training simply takes too much away from the work AFO do. We are always working to improve cross divisional work between CID and other divisions and calling an AFO unit to assist on relevant scenes is a great way of doing this.
The suggestion of a CID detective with a firearm is unrealistic, and, as mentioned, a CID x AFO combination is just as effective as having both in one.

On this basis, this suggestion will be declined.

Xi Jinpooh DS2
CID Command