Suggestion Declined MET - CID: recovery truck for cid

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran89

MET Trainer
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: recovery truck for cid

Division: MET - CID

can we get a recovery truck for cid for a forencis side to take cars down to the forencis lab down at the beach to use that more the reason for this is because aa is never on to recover car would be a handy tool to have within cid for forencis purposes only

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I genuinely think this is a good idea, I love taking the cars down to the forensics labs however you are limited to when AA is online!!

+100

+100 - This would allow for class roleplay. Could be used when AA is not online and would allow for CID to easily dive deeper into the roleplay of seizing a vehicle to then take it apart and see if anything else can be found.

I think there should be a focus on pushing AA recruitment rather than this (for now).

If you’re in CID or SCIU and notice that AA are not active when you need them, then sign up next time National Highways open up applications, get the AA training package and put in 4 hours a month to it. It doesn’t add to your division limit, and it enhances the gameplay for other people, and hopefully others will then do it for you.

Be the change you want to see :)

Same thing with Forensics/Custody, many times I’m at a lack of these when in need, and if I was able to join CID without having to drop a current Police division, I most certainly would just to boost these more niche areas of the server.

I think there should be a focus on pushing AA recruitment rather than this (for now).

If you’re in CID or SCIU and notice that AA are not active when you need them, then sign up next time National Highways open up applications, get the AA training package and put in 4 hours a month to it. It doesn’t add to your division limit, and it enhances the gameplay for other people, and hopefully others will then do it for you.

Same thing with Forensics/Custody, many times I’m at a lack of these when in need, and if I was able to join CID without having to drop a current Police division, I most certainly would just to boost these more niche areas of the server.
The thing is highways are very inactive if you do see one on 9/10 you see them as lawsons last time i saw aa on was before Xmas its would be nice to say i could switch to aa if i had it but the problem with this is that its no ethical to switch too aa then switch back to forensics either the vehicle would disappear as its time consuming the whole purpose of the suggestion is to make forensics be used more properly in a sense

issue with not seeing forensic on is within CID all training where halted until feb due to the update with CAD as trainings have been frozen hopefully there will be a lot of forensic trained officers now attending the scene

Given the fact you are not in CID I don't think it's accurate that you can voice an opinion without knowledge of its division and operations. Your issue is that when a civilian spawns a vehicle, They might be sent off to custody for processing. During this time of transfer, you have a very short window to do Forensics work with the vehicle they have spawned.

As soon as they go back to Civilian spawning areas and respawn a vehicle, Their old one disappears.

Highways have had the chance in my eyes to be active, and lawsons script has shown and proved this. However, there is no AA at all within the game during normal playing hours. This affects the ability to roleplay in other divisions.

Quite frankly they have had the chance to utilise this within their division but have failed to do so.

Concerning RTPC getting the tow truck. They have enough toys to play with already.

Good points given, I’ve done my fair share of time in CID, and although it was in the past and not current, I do still understand your frustrations and comments.

My point wasn’t to switch to AA then switch back, because I agree it’s impractical. My point was that if those who noticed a lack of AA when they need it, joined the NH division (if they can spare an extra 4 hours a month) and did the requirement deployed as AA, which would most likely have an increased availability of AA when they needed it themselves. Obviously it could never solve the problem completely, however in my opinion it would have a highly positive contribution towards a solution.

Personally I just believe it’s more logical to attempt to increase utilisation of the current AA system before separating it into a CID recovery and AA.

My question is, would you be happy to switch and grab a CID recovery truck in the case no other CID forensics were available or willing to do it for you?

Something to add to this, Has anyone actually ever seen a CID recovery truck, I know there is a MET police one for the police vans but that's old, currently we have AA, just not many people are on

DM me some ideas

(+1) I have to say I agree with this as it would add another level to the process for CID to investigate rather than just finish the scene and thats it, there is a number of possibilities that you could do with this Idea if implemented may need work from a Dev side by allowing you stop the vehicle from despawning etc. I know people say this takes away from AA but there are a number of other calls that AA can attend if online and this adds to the realism of the divisions you could take the vehicle back and strip door panels off etc (Again more dev work) but could add to the RP more than it already is leading to more in depth scenes and enjoyment.

Would this not be the job of AA Recovery?
Yeah, Upon further review you're right JBC. IRL Would be a third-party contractor the majority of the time. For example, when my vehicle was stolen it was recovered by a third party company and kept in their compound for insurance and forensics work to be carried out.

15851163622_e060db4fa9_b.jpg
15849791211_2f15d1750e_b.jpg

No idea, just putting images forward I found online.
When are these used for do you know? There is a few that are used for towing Police vehicles, but I've Never in my life seen that other than in photos

Status
Not open for further replies.