Suggestion Declined MET - CID: SCD Firearms

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Aidan.m364

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: SCD Firearms

Division: MET - CID

This has been suggested before, but I have come from another approach and have a few reasons/suggestions as to how SCD can get firearms implemented into their subdivision.

Firstly, The Flying Squad actually are armed IRL with Glocks and MP5, therefore the addition of firearms would make the division more realistic. Now I don't believe that giving SCD access to the G36C or L115A1 would be realistic at all, but the use of a Glock on the other hand would allow SCD to be able to respond to Armed Robberies and still take part in SCD manoeuvres.

Now obviously this would be a massive implementation and a very trusted privilege to have, therefore I think that only AFO-trained members of SCD should be able to deploy armed since they already have firearms training. This would mean that there would be no need for basic firearm handling training, and the only training that would need to be added would be on how to utilize firearms on SCD scenes. This would also mean that there would be no need to add remote armoury to any other divisions because everyone with an AFO tag already has access to it, meaning **No work for developers**

The only things required for this to be implemented would be a Theory and a possible Practical training plan made so that anyone with access can be trained on how to utilize firearms on scenes. Then later on in its development, a PowerPoint could be created for AFO on how they can utilize armed SCD on armed robberies, similarly to FSD, which would mean AFO would work closer with CID, ultimately growing the division.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Suggestion Title: SCD Firearms

Division: MET - CID

This has been suggested before, but I have come from another approach and have a few reasons/suggestions as to how SCD can get firearms implemented into their subdivision.

Firstly, The Flying Squad actually are armed IRL with Glocks and MP5, therefore the addition of firearms would make the division more realistic. Now I don't believe that giving SCD access to the G36C or L115A1 would be realistic at all, but the use of a Glock on the other hand would allow SCD to be able to respond to Armed Robberies and still take part in SCD manoeuvres.

Now obviously this would be a massive implementation and a very trusted privilege to have, therefore I think that only AFO-trained members of SCD should be able to deploy armed since they already have firearms training. This would mean that there would be no need for basic firearm handling training, and the only training that would need to be added would be on how to utilize firearms on SCD scenes. This would also mean that there would be no need to add remote armoury to any other divisions because everyone with an AFO tag already has access to it, meaning **No work for developers**

The only things required for this to be implemented would be a Theory and a possible Practical training plan made so that anyone with access can be trained on how to utilize firearms on scenes. Then later on in its development, a PowerPoint could be created for AFO on how they can utilize armed SCD on armed robberies, similarly to FSD, which would mean AFO would work closer with CID, ultimately growing the division.

Hello, thank you for your suggestion, At the moment CID will not be getting Firearms as there is a limited number of players we want to be carrying firearms at a time. Although the Flying Squad are armed IRL, not all of them are. There is no current plan to add firearms subdivisions outside of AFO at this time, this is not set in stone but no plans at the moment or in the near future. Other subdivisions like Armed Dog were partly removed to limit the ammount of firearms out and about also.

Thanks
Kian69 (E1)
Chief Inspector