Suggestion Accepted MET - College: Taser and PAVA Usage

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

iNoScopedJFK

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Taser and PAVA Usage

Division: MET - ERT

Hello, I’m writing this suggestion in regards ERT Officers being given tasers instead of PAVA in their first training instance.

Personally I think that in College Training, new ERT officers should be given and trained in PAVA instead of tasers. Too many times when I’m out as CIV I get tasers drawn for silly reasons and taser spam is awful. Introducing PAVA into College would be so much better and in line with real life.

I am therefore proposing a change in taser and PAVA as to where taser is taken out of College and PAVA is then put in as its replacement so the new ERT Officers don’t have access to tasers, then make it so people have to apply to get their “Taser Tag” like advanced taser training so they can be taught the core principles of tasers and how to use them. This would give trainers more time with the Officers and the Officers will have more of an understanding how to use and when to use their taser.

I hope this suggestion finds itself into the correct hands.
Thanks

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hi @(OS2) iNoScopedJFK,

Just to keep you and everyone watching informed, this suggestion is still in the pending divisional review stage and we are looking at the feasability of this suggestion.

Thanks for your patience.

College Command.

I agree with this suggestion! Gives a reason to complete Advance Taser training post probation, would decrease abuse of force and also allow a sense of actual progression within trust and ability to carry equipment.

And I read the comment about adding legislation to college, perhaps it could be looked at a self training package for ERT that would be needed as a pre requisite for progression to new divisions or sub divisions? Just food for thought.