Suggestion Declined MET - DSU: Activity Points

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max H

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Activity Points

Division: MET - DSU

Hello,
I was wondering it is similar to CID. if we could use activity points. Such as if we were on a UCO op with them, we could put down we joined in and gained some points. Same with deploying dogs, every deploy can be a point. Happy to hear thoughts on it though :)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I personally see no point in this, deployments can be counted up anyway and could be a "point". Would this replace the deployments hours?

That will just help people bypass hour requirements and end up reducing activity. I reckon using a point system however could add element of competition. Deployments could be alongside

That will just help people bypass hour requirements and end up reducing activity. I reckon using a point system however could add element of competition. Deployments could be alongside
Got a point ;) But I think that the points could be quite high for people to not do activity

Got a point ;) But I think that the points could be quite high for people to not do activity
My argument is I can do like x20 of 20 minute deployments, so lets say that 1 point per deployment. that is 20 points for deploying over 6 hours and 40 mins
However, if I do 1 deployment for 6 hours and 40 minutes then I gain 1 point, how is is fair then.

So to build on your original suggestion, a point system could be added for doing additional things, so say if you were to attend an op with CID, AFO, etc. You would get a point and maybe some kind of reward system can be introduced for the person with most points at the end of the month. Maybe it can contribute to the handler month thing.

Suggestion Title: Activity Points

Division: MET - DSU

Hello,
I was wondering it is similar to CID. if we could use activity points. Such as if we were on a UCO op with them, we could put down we joined in and gained some points. Same with deploying dogs, every deploy can be a point. Happy to hear thoughts on it though :)
Thank-you for you're Suggestion , We have Discussed this between ourselves and we see no benefit from this . CID have this in place instead of hourly requirements where as we have hourly requirements which are more easy to attain . I read one of your replies and the reward you would get is a mention and possibly a lower call-sign in the awards night . We do give mentions to handlers in awards night for commitment / Hours anyway and we do a Call sign re-shuffle now and then mostly before new intakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.