Suggestion Declined MET - DSU: FSD driver levels

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

(E2) M.Harrod

Chief Inspector
Reaction score
would be good the make FSD/DSU advanced/ maybe TPAC trained like in real life. FSD already have tactic x-ray so there’s no reason they couldn’t also assist with RTPC. As long as they take the rear there would be no impact on the dog

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think it would take away from RTPC Advanced drivers, which will pretty much make them useless if DSU can take rear in boxes, but its not my decision its command.

Hello

Thanks for your suggestion, this has been moved to divisional suggestions

Thanks

would be good the make FSD/DSU advanced/ maybe TPAC trained like in real life. FSD already have tactic x-ray so there’s no reason they couldn’t also assist with RTPC. As long as they take the rear there would be no impact on the dog
I did find on the college of policing site the following info (see pic)

Maybe we could be advanced trained at maximum or Maybe we can be utilised when there is a lack of RTPC units at least.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221030-031752_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221030-031752_Chrome.jpg
    726.2 KB · Views: 7
I did find on the college of policing site the following info (see pic)

Maybe we could be advanced trained at maximum or Maybe we can be utilised when there is a lack of RTPC units at least.
Like I said, it could end up taking away from advanced RTPC/AFO. It doesn’t personally effect me, however I see it arising in problems in the future.

The only thing I could *possibly* suggest is if you’re RTPC and in DSU, you can have advanced in DSU and take rear if authed by a DSU TL for example. Not sure but just my opinion. I would think it could be a good addition, but I personally see problems with it in the future HOWEVER it’s just my opinion and obviously the command team will be the ones to decide

Like I said, it could end up taking away from advanced RTPC/AFO. It doesn’t personally effect me, however I see it arising in problems in the future.

The only thing I could *possibly* suggest is if you’re RTPC and in DSU, you can have advanced in DSU and take rear if authed by a DSU TL for example. Not sure but just my opinion. I would think it could be a good addition, but I personally see problems with it in the future HOWEVER it’s just my opinion and obviously the command team will be the ones to decide
I understand your concern, which is why I am suggesting we can be utilised when there is a lack of RTPC as an alternative.
99% of the time DSU attaches to a pursuit anyway. If during that time an RTPC unit cannot get the required resources then they can request the DSU unit to step in to be the rear in a box.
Rather than RTPC having to stand down from the pursuit the DSU unit will prevent that and this will only add and not take away from RTPC

Obviously only FSD can attend AFO Pursuits and use the stay safe principle when a vehicle has been stopped

What problems could you see arising?

Thank you for you're suggestion. This will be declined due to the fact that we have a dog in our vehicle, even being in the back of the pursuit/boxing in is a negative. For FSD Tactic Xray is a non-contact manoeuvre. Also we would be taking away from RTPC units aswell.

Moved to declined section.