Suggestion Declined MET - DSU: FSD- Team Leader Position

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

(OFC) Harry

MET Trainer
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: FSD- Team Leader Position

Division: MET - DSU

Hi there command!

So i believe this has been raised before by previous team leaders but there is no harm in me sharing some more thoughts that may have not been raised before.

I believe a new position as a FSD Team leader would be incredibly beneficial for a range of reasons listed below. If this was accepted, I think I would be an Incredible fit and advantage to the sub division as I am the longest standing team leader as of now and have lots of experience within the command position.

Here are the reasons why it would be beneficial:

- Allows Retraining to be completed with the highest knowledge and experience possible
- Allows DSU Team leaders to focus on the DSU team and keeping them active and ensure rules are being reminded and sheets being updated.
- A certain point of contact instead of all 3 team leaders. Provides a structure of command.
- A FSD Team Leader if accepted would be able to go through applications and take the strain off command. Accepted the best applicants into the team making it even better.
- A FSD Team Leader could train new recruits to the highest level to ensure quality is ensured at all times across the subdivision.
- A FSD Team Leader would bring the ability to take control of scenes more effectively and liaise with OFC’s/AFO Command for ways to improve FSD and AFO teamwork.
- A FSD team leader could effectively manage a small team, even though the team is small it requires a lot of work and experience to make it the best it can be.
- A FSD Team Leader could create new training packages, a new look to the current training, add additional ideas (working with command) to improve the subdivision.
- A FSD Team Leader could authorise the usage of certain things like off-road for FSD and so much more.

I feel very strong about this and I really do hope that command take it into full consideration. It could bring so many benefits to the team with little problems. Even though it is a small team it could be improved so much in my opinion to make it greater. I would love to have this opportunity and assist anyone I can within FSD. Thank you so much for your time!

Harry

Senior Police Constable, DSU-TL (T1), AFO Constable, HART SORT Adv. Paramedic, TSG L2, Civ FTS,

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Additionally, CID have had great success rates in there indivial team leaders for each subdivision like SCD/UCO, Ordinary TL’s, LIA etc. I think we could have the same success rates is we did the same

I also agree with the idea of different TL for Sub division as it would allieviate stress from other TLs so for instance 3 of them 1 goes on loa for a week then one can watch over the tls team and the other can instead fsd tl be on bothe their tesm and fsd.

This is being looked into and is something the command team needs to discuss, I shall keep it in pending review until we have reached a decision 👌

Due to recent announcements this will be moved to denied