Suggestion Accepted MET - ERT: Allowed use of big red key (enforcer) as ARO.

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

(E1) Xi Jinpooh

Chief Inspector
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Allowed use of big red key (enforcer) as ARO.

Division: MET - ERT

Hello,
My suggestion is to allow ARO trained ERT to access and utilise the big red key. This comes as at the moment TSG or AFO must be called to bust down doors using the enforcer, where an ARO could instead fill this role. The officer may already be on the call and even potentially at the door when the decision is made to take it down. The ARO are held to a high standard, so misuse of this is unlikely (although of course not impossible). This would increase the appeal to play as ARO as well as give it more potential for deployment to scenes, better utilising it.

I don't know if the enforcer needs to be added to boots by a dev or if it is still accessible by anyone. But since ARO has a separate tag this should be possible?

Thanks,
Jinpooh :)

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Hello,
My suggestion is to allow ARO trained ERT to access and utilise the big red key. This comes as at the moment TSG or AFO must be called to bust down doors using the enforcer, where an ARO could instead fill this role. The officer may already be on the call and even potentially at the door when the decision is made to take it down. The ARO are held to a high standard, so misuse of this is unlikely (although of course not impossible). This would increase the appeal to play as ARO as well as give it more potential for deployment to scenes, better utilising it.

I don't know if the enforcer needs to be added to boots by a dev or if it is still accessible by anyone. But since ARO has a separate tag this should be possible?

Thanks,
Could just make an extra training package called 'Method of Entry' (MOE) which is what it is called irl. Just a suggestion from me anyway.

Personally I think it wouldn't be worth a whole package. Maybe an added slide on the training and a ping to existing members describing its use would be beneficial, but I can't see there being enough content for a package

Hello Jinpooh,

There is something happening within the background regarding the big red key within TSG.
Although it will take time for it to be rolled out with adding onto training slides/packages then will need to be approved by SPC.

What else can I say other than watch this space.

Hello,

Thanks,

Good morning,

Thank you for the suggestion.

We have discussed this thoroughly in ERT Command. After weighing the pros and cons, it has been decided that the suggestion will be moved to the Pending Dev Review suggestions area. Thank you for your input, and we appreciate your understanding regarding this decision.

Please do not hesitate to submit further suggestions in the future.

(RS4) Tony

Hello, this suggestion has already been reviewed and a decision made, moving to the appropriate forum destination.