Suggestion Declined MET - ERT: covert uniform

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

(RS6) Darren

Sergeant
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: covert uniform

Division: MET - ERT

covert uniform for tsg egt covert op like the cid one but tsg version

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Im not exactly sure how this would work, the point of TSG is to be seen and to be protected.. Can you explain your idea a little bit more to make sure i am understanding it.

yes so in one of the trainings i have done i believe it FIT or EGT it states that a member of tsg blends in with the crowd in plain clothes and has a covert camera recording to pick up as much evidence etc as possible so my idea was based on if we are wearing normal tsg uniform to blend in with the crowd we would be spotted and would not be able to gather any evidence because we would be spotted would you like me to post a picture of the slide where it states this? thankyou

Would this not take away the role of UCO?
Nope as covert tsg is working alongside CID for later arrests if uco isn’t active would be good for tsg to get involved plain clothes also there is not a lot of uco officers due to it being a pick and choose from CID command

Last edited:
too many cooks spoil the broth... ERT will remain as they are same and unmarked cars will not be arriving unless your command. if there is a issue with CID command regarding the UCO officers been thin on the ground raise it divisionally with the division and SPC.

ok i get that but obviously if uco are not active it would be team work with tsg and UCO and we could work together as a team and the point of covert tsg in the training slide there would be no point in that training package?

Good Evening,

I have forwarded your suggestion to the ERT inspectors who have decided to decline this request on the basis that it would encroach too much on CID. Whilst I understand the idea behind this, unfortunately ERT are uniform only and there will be no movement on that.

We thank you for your suggestion however