Suggestion Declined MET - ERT: ERT Area Car

• Thread starter Deleted member 5106
  • Start date
The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.
D

Deleted member 5106

Suggestion Title: ERT Area Car

Division: MET - ERT

Hello,

As per real life, drivers of area cars are typically advanced trained with additional TPAC qualification, so I think that there should be an extra for people who are in RTPC to apply for area car, and transfer their advanced or tpac qualification so they can go on as area car and tpac trained. However, RTPC TPAC and adv take priority, and if theres no assets then they can assist. I think it can be like a "last resource" type of thing. I think it could be added like it was with armed interceptor, you have to be in RTPC and be accepted into ARO before you can be TPAC trained.

Furthermore, if that above is declined, have an additional training after 2 weeks probation as ARO for advanced driver so they can be on the back of a pursuit and take rear in a box but still have their speed limits and restrictions on what they can do. I think this would be really helpful and more interactive to ARO since it gives them more to do as well as gives us as RTPC more chance to have additional units on an FTS during a box.

if my wording is off, please do let me know and i can explain further!

https://www.met.police.uk/cy-GB/foi-ai/metropolitan-police/d/july-2022/role-of-an-area-car/#:~:text=Area%20Cars%20are%20specific%20high,Pursuit%20and%20Containment%20(TPAC).

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Suggestion Title: ERT Area Car

Division: MET - ERT

Hello,

As per real life, drivers of area cars are typically advanced trained with additional TPAC qualification, so I think that there should be an extra for people who are in RTPC to apply for area car, and transfer their advanced or tpac qualification so they can go on as area car and tpac trained. However, RTPC TPAC and adv take priority, and if theres no assets then they can assist. I think it can be like a "last resource" type of thing. I think it could be added like it was with armed interceptor, you have to be in RTPC and be accepted into ARO before you can be TPAC trained.

Furthermore, if that above is declined, have an additional training after 2 weeks probation as ARO for advanced driver so they can be on the back of a pursuit and take rear in a box but still have their speed limits and restrictions on what they can do. I think this would be really helpful and more interactive to ARO since it gives them more to do as well as gives us as RTPC more chance to have additional units on an FTS during a box.

if my wording is off, please do let me know and i can explain further!

Good morning,

Thank you for the suggestion.

We have discussed this thoroughly in ERT Command. After weighing the pros and cons, it has been decided that the suggestion will be moved to the declined suggestions area. Thank you for your input, and we appreciate your understanding regarding this decision.

Please do not hesitate to submit further suggestions in the future.

(RS4) Tony