Suggestion Declined MET - ERT: ERT IPP

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

L974

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: ERT IPP

Division: MET - ERT

IPP, also known as Initial Pursuit Phase, is given by officers trained in this when a fail to stop occurs. This is a set of communications which updates the Control Room or other Officers of the information of the fail to stop.

IPP is the exact same communications that RTPC would give except that RTPC are trained in the tactics phase which can bring a pursuit to a safe conclusion.

From what I have stated above, IPP Communications should be the exact as RTPCs as this is also how it is irl as well from my knowledge. Also, with the current IPP Comms, there isn't really a lot of information of the vehicle density, pedestrian density or roads conditions which are vital for determining whether or not the pursuit can continue or has to be stood down due to it being to high risk.

Thank you.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
To add on, ERT IPP would also require authorisation to continue before RTPC make way. Then once RTPC arrive on scene, they should give an updated IPP for the Control Room or the supervisor who is monitoring the pursuit.

The reason this would require authority is because the IPP driver is pursuit trained and is trained to follow that vehicle and provide an updated IPP. The IPP provided can be assessed by the Control Room or Supervisor until RTPC make way. If at anytime that pursuit becomes to high risk, it can be stood down because of the updated IPP.

This would be interesting and would have to be implemented in a specific way. It would definitely prevent IPP continuing pursuits in dangerous conditions (which happens quite often)

This would be interesting and would have to be implemented in a specific way. It would definitely prevent IPP continuing pursuits in dangerous conditions (which happens quite often)
Agreed. If more information is provided in the IPP, this would happen less.

I've been seeing this a lot within ERT(IPP) since becoming RTPC, when following the pursuit or seeing an on-going pursuit and the FTS vehicle is hitting posts, multiple RTCs and wrong-way(especially motorways). It should've been stood down then and there but we know how ERTs are. I would also agree with Lucas on this, informing control of the condition to determine whether it would be worth calling RTPC or standing down.

The DRA is something extra you get with being in RTPC in my opinion, a perk as such and an extra level of training. Comms aren't always the best so giving additional information for CW units to relay may get them flustered or clog up comms.

The DRA is something extra you get with being in RTPC in my opinion, a perk as such and an extra level of training. Comms aren't always the best so giving additional information for CW units to relay may get them flustered or clog up comms.
Fyi, DRA is the risk assessment. IPP is the comms you provide.

Yeah I'm fully aware, I just think for CW units who are learning the server, it would be a lot for them to remember.

Yeah I'm fully aware, I just think for CW units who are learning the server, it would be a lot for them to remember.
Well if they're not able to do the comms, surely they can be given time to practise and improve to become better and retake the training once they feel suitable. My opinion from it anyway.

Suggestion Title: ERT IPP

Division: MET - ERT

IPP, also known as Initial Pursuit Phase, is given by officers trained in this when a fail to stop occurs. This is a set of communications which updates the Control Room or other Officers of the information of the fail to stop.

IPP is the exact same communications that RTPC would give except that RTPC are trained in the tactics phase which can bring a pursuit to a safe conclusion.

From what I have stated above, IPP Communications should be the exact as RTPCs as this is also how it is irl as well from my knowledge. Also, with the current IPP Comms, there isn't really a lot of information of the vehicle density, pedestrian density or roads conditions which are vital for determining whether or not the pursuit can continue or has to be stood down due to it being to high risk.

Thank you.

Good morning,

Thank you for the suggestion.

We have discussed this thoroughly in ERT Command. After weighing the pros and cons, it has been decided that the suggestion will be moved to the declined suggestions area. Thank you for your input, and we appreciate your understanding regarding this decision.

Please do not hesitate to submit further suggestions in the future.

(RS4) Tony