Suggestion Declined MET - ERT: ERT Sergeant Application

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

MadLoopy

MET Trainer
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: ERT Sergeant Application

Division: MET - ERT

I think that the ERT Sergeant applications should be open to only ERT trainers.

The reason behind this is because I have think it is unfair for the trainers who have worked to get to trainer and work their socks off within ERT, who gain a relationship with ERT and ERT Command to then be picked in the teeth because someone who isn't an ERT trainer doesn't get it and they have no relationship with members of ERT, ERT Training team or ERT command. I think it is vital to be able to work your way up however I think it is unfair that people get to jump straight to a sergeant position without working within ERT.

I get there might be a reason why it is open to all BAND 1 roles but I personally think it is abit silly.

Lemme know if a further chat is needed to explain abit more what I mean. :)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I fully agree with this, I don't think it should only be for ERT either, I believe all divisions should only open up Band 2 Positions to people that are Band 1 in that division. Upvoted +1

Hello!

The Band 1 trainer is ultimately the entrance to the command tree. Building rapport with fellow officers is important, but that is not the key decider or key factor. Sergeants have a lot of responsibilities and ultimately need to have the relevant leadership skills and traits therefore we shouldn't limit it based on just specific trees as we could be missing out on skilled individuals advancing further.

Band 1's are not heavily engrained into the relevant trees, therefore switching at that point does not have any significant impact. From a both player and command perspective, there would be nothing more frustrating than promoting individuals who may not necessarily be fit or ready for the role, and that only being due to a limitation in place.

Last edited: