Suggestion Declined MET - ERT: PLT For TSG

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

(RS6) JakeH

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: PLT For TSG

Division: MET - ERT

Hello,
I am suggesting the addition of the Police Liaison Team (PLT) to TSG as an additional training package SImilar to EGT, POM, VT and FIT

This has a number of advantages to Public Order Policing. In the MET they are utilised in numerous different situations. For example they can engage in dialogue and communication with TSG officers and the crowds to promote public safety and ensure that the Situation remains peaceful. Similarly to FIT they also identify Individuals and groups who may cause Disorder and bring violence. They can also be trained to sense the mood of crowds and make judgements and recommend tactics to the serial or uniform commander. Police Liaison officers also are constantly conducting Risk assessments to the ensure the safety of officers and members of the public. To summarise they act in a mutual aid capacity.

In game PLT can be used to add to the roleplay in the fact they are trained in the tactics of keeping a crowd calm instead of something leading to disorder. They would do this by building relationships with the protestors. They will also have the advantage of not appearing as hostile as they usually where regular ERT officers clothing with a Baby blue Hi-Vis vest unlike regular TSG in the intimidating Helmets, this will stop the escalation of the crowd as they can relate more and talk more freely to PLT as they are less intimidating

Hopefully this will be implemented alongside a uniform similar to what i have linked below
Many thanks,

File(s) attached

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    908.1 KB · Views: 19
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Suggestion Title: PLT For TSG

Division: MET - ERT

Hello,
I am suggesting the addition of the Police Liaison Team (PLT) to TSG as an additional training package SImilar to EGT, POM, VT and FIT

This has a number of advantages to Public Order Policing. In the MET they are utilised in numerous different situations. For example they can engage in dialogue and communication with TSG officers and the crowds to promote public safety and ensure that the Situation remains peaceful. Similarly to FIT they also identify Individuals and groups who may cause Disorder and bring violence. They can also be trained to sense the mood of crowds and make judgements and recommend tactics to the serial or uniform commander. Police Liaison officers also are constantly conducting Risk assessments to the ensure the safety of officers and members of the public. To summarise they act in a mutual aid capacity.

In game PLT can be used to add to the roleplay in the fact they are trained in the tactics of keeping a crowd calm instead of something leading to disorder. They would do this by building relationships with the protestors. They will also have the advantage of not appearing as hostile as they usually where regular ERT officers clothing with a Baby blue Hi-Vis vest unlike regular TSG in the intimidating Helmets, this will stop the escalation of the crowd as they can relate more and talk more freely to PLT as they are less intimidating

Hopefully this will be implemented alongside a uniform similar to what i have linked below
Many thanks,

File(s) attached

I always thought this is basically what FIT is? It would be good if the blue high vis thing could be added as a TSG uniform.

Hey Jake,

Although I do like this suggestion, we do not have the resources in TSG for this to be implemented. If this was brought in, it would take away the aspect of crowd control for ERT. ERT will be the ones who calm crowds, whilst TSG controls them. If PLT was implemented, then the need for ERT would be removed. For this reason, we are going to decline your suggestion for now.

Thanks,