Suggestion Accepted MET - ERT: rural crimes team

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HOORIE

NHS Trainer
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: rural crimes team

Division: MET - ERT

ridealongs for Rural crimes team ,

hello as you know your not aloud to take out a ERT member in a rural vehicle but alot of people have been asking about rural lately so iv seen and i think it would be a good idea to do a rural ridealong forum for anyone interested :)

cheers

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
In my experience in RTPC, RAPTOR is allowed to take TPAC or ADV trained drivers, I don’t see the disadvantage in Rural taking ERT passengers regularly, could someone explain why that is?

so , the reason iv been told by ERT command is its to dangerous i think i got told by ERT command or somthing like that but people have been talking about how to get into rural how to join rural ETC in ERT but they dont know how it works so i came up with the idea of ridealong REQ for Rural only inside ERT

I would like to know how it's dangerous in all honesty. You are still a response copper but patrol in the Rural Area. Don't see nothing dangerous about that.

i mean youd need to ask ERT command on that one as iv only been told it increases risk :)

So the original reason it was denied was due to it being a rather new division and as we were giving you auth to go off road we wanted to leave it so that it was just those in rural whilst they got used to the division. As a command team we are always discussing how we can make things better. This has been brought up by myself and is something we are looking into I won't give you any form of time scale at the moment. As theres a few creases to iron out first.

so will it stay on pending for the time being ?

Good afternoon @HOORIE

As I am sure you are aware being an ERT Trainer yourself, that we are starting to allow trainers to conduct ridealongs.

Due to this I will be moving this suggestion to ACCEPTED.

Thank you for your suggestion and we look forward to more.

ERT Command

Status
Not open for further replies.