Suggestion Declined MET - ERT: Thoughts on ERT training buddy ?

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

CptParker

Reaction score
The idea similar to that of a real proby officer is you have a buddy or two who you would shadow, ride along with at least for the first 5 shifts to get used to being ERT , how to do things, rules, what to do , what not to do, where things are, how to use cad, take statements , update cad , attend calls etc etc

i think this will enable ERT newbies to immerse in the game more and not have alot of people just messing around not sure what they are doing ?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The idea similar to that of a real proby officer is you have a buddy or two who you would shadow, ride along with at least for the first 5 shifts to get used to being ERT , how to do things, rules, what to do , what not to do, where things are, how to use cad, take statements , update cad , attend calls etc etc

i think this will enable ERT newbies to immerse in the game more and not have alot of people just messing around not sure what they are doing ?

If you have any questions let me know i have alot of ideas on this thought. Coming from the force also would love to help spear head the idea with command

We will discuss this in ERT Command, thank you for the suggestion. When a forum moderator gets the chance, can you move this to divisional suggestions :)

Thanks,

Hello CptParker,

After reviewing this suggestion with the command, we have decided to decline it for a few reasons.
The point of ERT buddies was brought up just over 4 months ago, after discussing with Senior Police Command it was decided that implementing it wouldn't be worth the process. This is because their role would to be answer questions and give ridealongs, which is already part of the ERT TL role. We are not saying that you cannot provide PCSOs and new ERT ridealongs, actually, we in command encourage this, so feel free to double crew around the city whenever you feel like it.

Moved to DECLINED

Many thanks,