Declined MET - ERT: Training Officer

The suggestion has been declined.

Top_Guy

Banned
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Training Officer

Division: MET - ERT

So as we all know Response is the first divison that everyone who is new to the police tree will enter. Like most divisons it's not without fault however this suggestion will hopefully be able to iron out some of the issues that are going wrong.

My suggestion is to implement a dual crew hour requirement meaning that, similar to real time a new officer fresh out of training will be required to double crew with a senior member of response inorder to gain the needed experience required to reach individual patrol status. The training Officer will be a knowledgeable individual who is drilled up on everything to do with policing ranging from talking to suspect to handling road closures to Response/ pursuit driving. The new officer would be required to ride along with such an individual until they have reached an hour requirement or the TO assess that they are ready for individual patrol.

This will give new players the knowledge that they need and also help the professionalism of the divison and also help elevate issues that are minor and prevent Sgts having to deal with it such infractions. It will also improve the quality of officers that will one day process and join other divisions meaning that the overall quality of officers would improve.

I understand this will take alot of work to be implemented and will happily assist where needed however I also doubt it's introduction due to the server not being a realistic roleplay server as such.

Many thanks Top_guy

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
My only thought with this is the high number of new members we get and would mean people couldn't play the game unless a TO was avaialble restricting them.

My only thought with this is the high number of new members we get and would mean people couldn't play the game unless a TO was avaialble restricting them.
There's enough experienced individuals within ERT that would elevate this. Even if it meant 2 new officers being together. 2 brains is better than one and will also help with individuals learning off each other

Not about trying to restrict people moreso trying to assist then in their first steps even if it meant crewing with another inexperienced officer as for example if someone is struggling with lane closures the other person might be super at them and be able to help assist them

I guess it could be called a Tutor. Would need a lot of them though and it would for sure improve the knowledge of someone.

I guess it could be called a Tutor. Would need a lot of them though and it would for sure improve the knowledge of someone.
Like I said it could be someone who's already passed probation. Just someone with enough knowledge to help prevent small mistakes and to show the ropes

Hello,
Upon reading your divisional suggestion I really see no need for this, if the new member were to listen to their trainers in their PC training then they wouldn’t need a ‘training officer’ or ‘tutor’,
ERT is such a big division it would be bedlam trying to keep track of who’s doing what, especially if we have a mass influx of new PCs.
We have come to the decision that we are going to be declining this suggestion

Like I said it could be someone who's already passed probation. Just someone with enough knowledge to help prevent small mistakes and to show the ropes
Suggestion Title: Training Officer

Division: MET - ERT

So as we all know Response is the first divison that everyone who is new to the police tree will enter. Like most divisons it's not without fault however this suggestion will hopefully be able to iron out some of the issues that are going wrong.

My suggestion is to implement a dual crew hour requirement meaning that, similar to real time a new officer fresh out of training will be required to double crew with a senior member of response inorder to gain the needed experience required to reach individual patrol status. The training Officer will be a knowledgeable individual who is drilled up on everything to do with policing ranging from talking to suspect to handling road closures to Response/ pursuit driving. The new officer would be required to ride along with such an individual until they have reached an hour requirement or the TO assess that they are ready for individual patrol.

This will give new players the knowledge that they need and also help the professionalism of the divison and also help elevate issues that are minor and prevent Sgts having to deal with it such infractions. It will also improve the quality of officers that will one day process and join other divisions meaning that the overall quality of officers would improve.

I understand this will take alot of work to be implemented and will happily assist where needed however I also doubt it's introduction due to the server not being a realistic roleplay server as such.

Many thanks Top_guy
I don't disagree with what you are saying. Much like what Lucas said, it'll be somewhat called a Tutor. Maybe ERT Trainers or something called Field Tutor to assist with exactly what you're on about when in game. It could be something worth looking at maybe? but that'll be up to ERT Command and Snr Police Command.