Suggestion Declined MET - ERT: Unmarked Vehicles + Uniforms

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

L974

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Unmarked Vehicles + Uniforms

Division: MET - ERT

Add a fleet of unmarked vehicles and potentially a plain clothes uniform to go with it.

Why?

From a realistic POV, ERT would have unmarked vehicles. They would also use plain clothes for certain reasons. This could be for assisting other divisions with other operations, there own operations or just general use of plain clothes officers.

I reckon if this was added into ERT, it would need to authority from ERT Command.

I do understand that ERT are meant to be high visible and used marked vehicles, but unmarked vehicles and uniforms can be used on certain occasions.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Add a fleet of unmarked vehicles and potentially a plain clothes uniform to go with it.

Why?

From a realistic POV, ERT would have unmarked vehicles. They would also use plain clothes for certain reasons. This could be for assisting other divisions with other operations, there own operations or just general use of plain clothes officers.

I reckon if this was added into ERT, it would need to authority from ERT Command.

I do understand that ERT are meant to be high visible and used marked vehicles, but unmarked vehicles and uniforms can be used on certain occasions.
I like the idea of unmarked cars however i think plain clothes is more CID's thing even though IRL you do see plain clothed ert officers. +1

This could be for assisting other divisions with other operations, there own operations or just general use of plain clothes officers.
Without infringing on work that the other divisions do, what realistic scenarios on the server would you suggest a plain-clothed ERT officer is a necessity and that cannot or would not be handled by another division?

Without infringing on work that the other divisions do, what realistic scenarios on the server would you suggest a plain-clothed ERT officer is a necessity and that cannot or would not be handled by another division?
ERPT are the frontline of policing. On the server, CID are sent to drugs deal for example, ERPT would probably deal with that and notify CID if any drugs were found. It may not be used that often, but it is used.

If it was roleplayed by civilians (unsure if it is), they could even looks at doing gang violence and then ERPT could get involved. There is way more calls, but would take to long to name them all.

Although RTPC may deal with a stolen vehicles and do tactics etc, an IPP unmarked vehicle or just an unmarked vehicles in general from ERT could assist them with looking for the vehicle as they are in an unmarked car. My opinion from it anyway,

So your suggesting replacing UCO with plain clothed ERT officers, and literally making CID a desk job in the server?

Majority of divisions can utilise plain clothes, it appears that in the server that it's just CID jobs where other divisions can get involved to assist (if this suggestions was accepted).

If people wish to join in on Drug Deals they can join CID, if they want to assist in Stolen Vehicles then they can join RTPC. There’s those divisions for a reason and players can be a part of 2 (3 with com) divisions so it’s not like they’re not given the opportunity to work with these divisions.

It’s natural for players to progress into more divisions as applications open, where most of these open each month or once every two months which is not massive times to wait.

If people wish to join in on Drug Deals they can join CID, if they want to assist in Stolen Vehicles then they can join RTPC. There’s those divisions for a reason and players can be a part of 2 (3 with com) divisions so it’s not like they’re not given the opportunity to work with these divisions.
I am well aware what divisions can do what, but the point I am trying to make is that ERT Plain Clothes/Unmarked can assist other divisions due to there unmarked capability. I understand that RTPC conduct the tactics with stolen marker (with me being an ex RTPC Sgt), but there isn't really any harm with another division assisting from my POV. From a realistic POV, you could send an unmarked/marked IPP car to assist and if the vehicle was to make off, they are trained in pursuing. Then once they're on scene, RTPC can take over. Or, they can assist once RTPC have got the car stopped.
Its natural for players to progress into more divisions as applications open, where most of these open each month or once every two months which is not massive times to wait.
I understand that players may want to progress into other divisions, but what's the harm with assisting and potentially gaining even more knowledge for when they may want to apply. The end of the day, we all have to work as a team to stop crime and I don't really see what's wrong with assisting other divisions.

Why?

I dont think that ERPT have unmarked cars and clothing its all to do with CID mate

The MET police IRL does have a fleet for IRV's (Incident Response Vehicles) which are used sometimes as unmarked, don't see what's harm of ert having unmarked, not a special perk or something, and It's just an unmarked car. +1 from me

The MET police IRL does have a fleet for IRV's (Incident Response Vehicles) which are used sometimes as unmarked, don't see what's harm of ert having unmarked, not a special perk or something, and It's just an unmarked car. +1 from me
nope i dont agree with this ERT should just stay marked and if they want to go as unmarked then they can join CID RTPC DSU or AFO

Well, what's the difference driving the golf unmarked while on as ERT? Which you can get by buying tac ops.
The golf was meant for RTPC when added but then they let everyone use it and if ERT people are soo desperate to go under cover then switch division.

Good evening, this was a long one to read. Many people have thoughts on this some say yes some say no. At this time im on the no side. Although unmarked vehicles and cars would look good, the reasons you have provided so start to go over into the realms of CID.