Suggestion Declined MET - ERT: Water Cannon Vehicle(s)

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Alon

Developer - Tier 2
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Suggestion Title: Water Cannon Vehicles

Division: MET - ERT

Add water cannon vehicles that TSG can deploy with authorization and use carefully to clear large protests.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
As far as im aware these are used for more large scale riots and protests, not really something we see in game very often. I'm also not entirely sure if the MET has anything like this.

I think it would work for when we get large gatherings with Molotvs, flares etc. The water cannon can be used as a deterrent rather than be used. It can allow for greater scenes with civs as they know should they get it so big a water cannon could be involved.
  • Water cannon would be a useful option for well-trained officers to use as a last resort in extreme circumstances. Police should have all possible tools available to them to deal with disorder. Some respondents referred to public disorder in London in August 2011, stating that they felt the police lost control and that water cannon may have been useful. However, water cannon should only be used when operationally justified, that is, when there is violence or a threat to the public - not as a default position. Water cannon should not be used against peaceful protesters.
As quoted from the doc - https://www.london.gov.uk/sites/def...ter Cannon - Responses to Consultation _0.pdf

Met police do have them

I think it would work for when we get large gatherings with Molotvs, flares etc. The water cannon can be used as a deterrent rather than be used. It can allow for greater scenes with civs as they know should they get it so big a water cannon could be involved.
  • Water cannon would be a useful option for well-trained officers to use as a last resort in extreme circumstances. Police should have all possible tools available to them to deal with disorder. Some respondents referred to public disorder in London in August 2011, stating that they felt the police lost control and that water cannon may have been useful. However, water cannon should only be used when operationally justified, that is, when there is violence or a threat to the public - not as a default position. Water cannon should not be used against peaceful protesters.
As quoted from the doc - https://www.london.gov.uk/sites/default/files/gla_migrate_files_destination/140318 - Water Cannon - Responses to Consultation _0.pdf

Met police do have them
That's some detailed investigation there! Thank you!

At this moment in time, ERT command have decided that this is not something that are going to approve at this time. It would be used for large scale incidents and currently we do not have these incidents. I will be moving this to declined