Suggestion Declined MET - RTPC: 3 man box tactic

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Hazza.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: 3 man box tactic

Division: MET - RTPC

Hello all,

I was having a think and i thought of a kind of different approach to performing our 3 man box, i hope you take the time to read this and acknowledge my suggestion.

So as of currently, when selecting positions the primary unit always goes to the front of the car when performing the box, secondary takes left/right whatever’s suitable, and last unit takes the rear.

My suggestion would be:
Primary take rear
secondary takes primary
third take left right

I’ll explain a bit more and this is only a suggestion and is a personal thought i’ve had.

I personally think it will be a lot more easier, effective and safer for the primary unit to take rear as they are physically already at the rear, secondary pushes up front allowing the third to slot nicely to the left/right, even if the secondary unit holds to the left/right so all they haft to do is drive forward them go in front.

If you want a physical video of how this tactic is performed please let me know, just for your information i saw this on a different servers TikTok however there is no promotion as to which server it is on the video.

If you wish to see the video please let me know.

Thankyou,
Haychh
RTPC Constable

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Personally from my side, I would say this would actually make the tactic less safe and massively limit where this can be done. So currently, as is, when the primary unit calls to strike, 2 vehicles have to overtake one vehicle with the rear vehicle taking the position behind. With your suggestion, one vehicle would have to overtake 3 vehicles, one would have to overtake 2. I don't think this would really work in something as dynamic as a pursuit

Hello all,

I was having a think and i thought of a kind of different approach to performing our 3 man box, i hope you take the time to read this and acknowledge my suggestion.

So as of currently, when selecting positions the primary unit always goes to the front of the car when performing the box, secondary takes left/right whatever’s suitable, and last unit takes the rear.

My suggestion would be:
Primary take rear
secondary takes primary
third take left right

I’ll explain a bit more and this is only a suggestion and is a personal thought i’ve had.

I personally think it will be a lot more easier, effective and safer for the primary unit to take rear as they are physically already at the rear, secondary pushes up front allowing the third to slot nicely to the left/right, even if the secondary unit holds to the left/right so all they haft to do is drive forward them go in front.

If you want a physical video of how this tactic is performed please let me know, just for your information i saw this on a different servers TikTok however there is no promotion as to which server it is on the video.

Thankyou,
Haychh
RTPC Constable
I see where you’re coming from, it is semi-realistic. There’s loads of advanced driver and TPAC training videos on the internet from real police forces demonstrating how it works. I did raise something similar ages ago but was declined.

From what I’ve just been looking,

Primary = rear
Secondary = front
Third/fourth = right/left

Same principle can be applied in an arrowhead for example,

Primary = rear
Secondary = front left
Third = front right

From what I’ve ascertained is is that the whole point is to “secure the rear”, not sure the full reasoning behind that but it is displayed IN a LOT of training videos.

I also have noticed it’s not a guaranteed position, so I think it MAY be force dependant. I like the idea but I think changing everything might cause problems

Hello all,

My suggestion would be:
Primary take rear
secondary takes primary
third take left right

Thankyou,
Haychh
RTPC Constable
Dear Haychh,

Many thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I can't see this working in its current form.
Mainly due to the following:
1. We already have a lot of tactics to learn in one course and whilst some people may learn effectively via the trainings we do not want to overload people.
2. I would say this would actually make the tactic less safe and be limited in its possible strike locations. To actually strike the rear unit would have to overtake 3 vehicles which poses a huge risk in comparison with the primary simply overtaking the suspect vehicle.

Many thanks,
Leo OT1

Dear Haychh,

Many thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I can't see this working in its current form.
Mainly due to the following:
1. We already have a lot of tactics to learn in one course and whilst some people may learn effectively via the trainings we do not want to overload people.
2. I would say this would actually make the tactic less safe and be limited in its possible strike locations. To actually strike the rear unit would have to overtake 3 vehicles which poses a huge risk in comparison with the primary simply overtaking the suspect vehicle.

Many thanks,
Leo OT1
its done IRL, you never know, might even work
1686751246186.png

Attachments

• 1686751215965.png
    1686751215965.png
    582.1 KB · Views: 0