Suggestion Accepted MET - RTPC: New Assets

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

OnlyLeo

Police Constable
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: New Assets

Division: MET - RTPC

Good afternoon,

As with all suggestions and implementations both myself and my sergeants strive for, realism is the at the heart of our motivations.
As such, we would like to discuss the following additions to the RTPC fleet for better realism, operational ability and use of tactics.
The recent engine issues with BMW mean that they have lost the contract supplying the police with vehicles and it has now been distributed among other brands. Most notably, Volvo received a significant element supplying ARVs and a large part of the traffic fleet as the BMW's are retired.

To mirror this suggestion, I propose the implementation of the marked and unmarked Volvo V90 and possibly the V60.
V90's now mark up a significant quota of the traffic fleet in the met and it seems crazy that we do not currently posses a single one in our fleet.
I totally understand we already have a good fleet and am more than happy to enact a reasonable trade (the marked jag and(or) the Cupra SUV's).
These vehicles would also add an attractive prospect for the media team and general social media presence of the server due to their realism and *hopefully* beautiful models as often on Tiktoks of our fleet I have noticed several comments relating to criticism of the realism of the vehicles. The addition of these vehicles would eliminate such comments and lead to more people wanting to join. (happy to provide screenshots)

A counter point to our request of the marked V90 is that currently ERT have it as an area car however this is not true to IRL where Area cars are BMW 5 series estate 3.0i.

Links to possible vehicle models or I am sure there is some lurking in the depths of the dev garage:
V60: https://unionmods.com/file/els-generic-traffic-volvo-r-design-2020-
V90: https://blighty3d.co.uk/collections/police-vehicles/products/2022-mps-volvo-v90
(Above could easily be re-skinned for an unmarked or if this model could be used: https://unionmods.com/file/els-volvo-v90-2022---fictional---unmarked-tra )
Also happy to provide evidence of the IRL met versions to corroborate their realism.

To sum up why we need the vehicles:
- Realism (core value to our development of RTPC)
- Evolving the server in line with IRL
- Filling a key gap in our fleet
- Vastly improves media presence of server and eliminates comments about poor realism leading to more people wanting to join.
- Improves media teams willingness to make content with more realistic vehicles

Many thanks and well done for reaching the end :)
Leo OT1

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Great suggestion Leo. This is why you're the boss

Would love this an addition. Deffiantly would make the fleet more realistic. Hopefully we will see this implemented

The V60 no because it's a generic mod.

The v90 sure.

The V60 no because it's a generic mod.

The v90 sure.
Doesn't matter whether it is a generic mod or not, Our devs are clever enough to get vehicles up to the standard we have in the server. If they can't then they will look for other models, if it gets accepted

Suggestion Title: New Assets

Division: MET - RTPC

Good afternoon,

As with all suggestions and implementations both myself and my sergeants strive for, realism is the at the heart of our motivations.
As such, we would like to discuss the following additions to the RTPC fleet for better realism, operational ability and use of tactics.
The recent engine issues with BMW mean that they have lost the contract supplying the police with vehicles and it has now been distributed among other brands. Most notably, Volvo received a significant element supplying ARVs and a large part of the traffic fleet as the BMW's are retired.

To mirror this suggestion, I propose the implementation of the marked and unmarked Volvo V90 and possibly the V60.
V90's now mark up a significant quota of the traffic fleet in the met and it seems crazy that we do not currently posses a single one in our fleet.
I totally understand we already have a good fleet and am more than happy to enact a reasonable trade (the marked jag and(or) the Cupra SUV's).
These vehicles would also add an attractive prospect for the media team and general social media presence of the server due to their realism and *hopefully* beautiful models as often on Tiktoks of our fleet I have noticed several comments relating to criticism of the realism of the vehicles. The addition of these vehicles would eliminate such comments and lead to more people wanting to join. (happy to provide screenshots)

A counter point to our request of the marked V90 is that currently ERT have it as an area car however this is not true to IRL where Area cars are BMW 5 series estate 3.0i.

Links to possible vehicle models or I am sure there is some lurking in the depths of the dev garage:
V60: https://unionmods.com/file/els-generic-traffic-volvo-r-design-2020-
V90: https://blighty3d.co.uk/collections/police-vehicles/products/2022-mps-volvo-v90
(Above could easily be re-skinned for an unmarked or if this model could be used: https://unionmods.com/file/els-volvo-v90-2022---fictional---unmarked-tra )
Also happy to provide evidence of the IRL met versions to corroborate their realism.

To sum up why we need the vehicles:
- Realism (core value to our development of RTPC)
- Evolving the server in line with IRL
- Filling a key gap in our fleet
- Vastly improves media presence of server and eliminates comments about poor realism leading to more people wanting to join.
- Improves media teams willingness to make content with more realistic vehicles

Many thanks and well done for reaching the end :)
Leo OT1
Fully agree and stand by this.

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion.

The RTPC garage has been overhauled recently. Volvo V90 has been added to the Fleet, therefore I'll move this to accepted.

Thanks