Suggestion Declined MET - RTPC: RTPC NEW CARS TO FLEET

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

calculated

MET Trainer
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: RTPC NEW CARS TO FLEET

Division: MET - RTPC

Hello,

I’ve been working within RTPC for a while now and I have also been working in the police IRL for a good few years and thought I could ask for some more updated fleet suggestions.

1. 2022+ Golf R - used in GMP for the TVIU fleet, an unreal car, i know you have the 2017 in the tac ops, and updated version would be amazing

2. Skoda Octavia VRS - they are used predominantly in forces now, super nice cars, bit heavy to handle but lovely

3. Ford focus ST - marked and unmarked these are being used within GMP and have been for a while, the new 73 plate versions are being rolled out

4. Cupra’s - again being used in forces same engine as the Golf R so will be fast hatchback

5. Audi A4 Quattro - unmarked, a 3L machine, beauty to drive, and a force to be reckoned with

6. Bmw X5 73 plate - used for motorways but the 4l petrol engine is a machine and would be a force to be reckoned with on the road.

Any of these cars would be a great addition, my fav is the golf R, would cover any cost to get that thing in!

All the best

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hii

There is a skoda VRN in the RTPC garage, this is a command vehicle.
The Ford Focus ST was part of the old garage prior to the overhaul
Cupras were also part of the old garage prior to the overhaul
Audi A4 quattro I believe was part of the old garage back in 2022, not 100% sure if it was the A4 though

The golf R would be great to see, but I personally don't see it being added due to there being a golf R in the tac ops garage

The Command Skoda Octavia will be added to the normal RTPC Garage eventually.

Our garage is currently overly heavy on BMWs (I think there are 3 volvos and the rest are BMW). Most forces are moving away from BMW due to reliability issues and the fact they keep turning into fireballs with officers inside so I'd love to see a more up to date garage.

I think a common misconception SM have about when we ask for a new garage is that we are NOT asking for a bigger garage just one with different cars. Smaller and more variety is better than a massive one where the only difference between vehicles is the VRN.

Going to reply to this one again.

I know that RTPC fleet got a new Skoda, and we have got a new paid set of cars that are the electric ones.

the RTPC garage is so heavy on BWMs it’s crazy, please can we have a mixture of unmarked and marked Audis??

Or just some updated fleet.

I only use 4 cars myself, Golf R, Kia stinger, Tourag and the BMW G31

I would even be happy to spend £15 on an updated vehicle pack that has 22 plates plus. As some of these cars are sub 2018.

I’m sure other RTPC officers may agree with this suggestion.

And myself being a traffic head, loves the newer cars, if I could have some of the cars I use In the game for people to use.

We had Audis, people didn’t like them, they got removed.

We have no Audis, people want them, ???

The moment BMWs are removed, people will beg for them back (GO5 as example)

I think it’s more, there is like 16 BMWs that are the exact same or very similar, having a diverse roster, it’s 38 vehicles I believe and over 60% are the same car, with a reg plate change.

Just updated models and cars would keep it fresh, as ideally RTPC should have updated and newer fleets as the job is driving cars

About a year ago we had two jags - both of them everyone loved and used lots (from what I saw) yet they got removed... and replaced with BMWs again. I think most people are not complaining we want X, the problem is the lack of variety in the garage at the moment

Hello, RTPC has only just relatively recently had an updated garage, it is now one of the newest whilst other divisions such as CID and AFO are in far greater need of an updated garage. Whilst I am not saying either has an update incoming by any means, I am saying that RTPC is unlikely to receive any large updates to vehicles in the near future.

Thank you for your suggestion!
E1 Jinpooh
SPC