Suggestion Declined MET - RTPC: RTPC uniform

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
i also agree with this the only seperation is the hat

It would be good for RTPC to get a replacement of the long sleeve and short sleeve uniforms (ROADS POLICING 1 & 2). This gives civs etc the ability to be able to differentiate between both units as we have the same uniform as ERT.
What would you recommend the replacement be? RTPC IRL has the same white shirt as ERT... the thing that tells us apart is the hat.

What would you recommend the replacement be? RTPC IRL has the same white shirt as ERT... the thing that tells us apart is the hat.
The thing is Chinny a lot of the time people don't have there hat whether this is because they have Tac ops and want to show of there Lucius thick hair or there hat gets knocked off a lot of the time its really difficult to differentiate us from ERT

Maybe a Black Uniform would be good but have some obvious changes to RAPTOR so we can again tell who's who or go with what a lot of other Police forces go with which is a Black undershirt with a High vis Vest to stand out. that's what I would suggest but Afterall it is Jenson's suggestion so I shall leave it with him

Note: To be honest there are a lot of things that IRL has that we as a server have opted out of or have changed in order to make the server better maybe this is one of them?

The thing is Chinny a lot of the time people don't have there hat whether this is because they have Tac ops and want to show of there Lucius thick hair or there hat gets knocked off a lot of the time its really difficult to differentiate us from ERT

Maybe a Black Uniform would be good but have some obvious changes to RAPTOR so we can again tell who's who or go with what a lot of other Police forces go with which is a Black undershirt with a High vis Vest to stand out. that's what I would suggest but Afterall it is Jenson's suggestion so I shall leave it with him

Note: To be honest there are a lot of things that IRL has that we as a server have opted out of or have changed in order to make the server better maybe this is one of them?
Thanks Ben for the above.
Absolutely, there are things that stand apart from IRL and I completely get that 100%!

Let me have a think on this mate and will return once I've had a chance to discuss with the rest of Command.

I personally believe we should stick with white shirts, it ain't broken and don't need fixing.
The MET is one of the only police forces that still require all officers to wear white collared shirts (correct me if I am wrong please).

Plus in my opinion, we already differentiate from ERT with the cars that we drive, the only car being shared is the G31 facelift with ARO.
The short sleeve is our signature outfit on the server too as ERT as that is a privilege of joining Roads Policing.

Thanks Ben for the above.
Absolutely, there are things that stand apart from IRL and I completely get that 100%!

Let me have a think on this mate and will return once I've had a chance to discuss with the rest of Command.
Hi Chinny,

Ben's pretty much taken it out of my mouth already.

I've been on multiple scenes before where the civ hasn't been able to know who is who due to both uniforms being the same. There was a incident where the civ was being box'd in by ERT which they shouldn't have been, so the civ didn't stop etc on the scene (cannot remember the full details of the scene, was a couple months back).

Personally, a couple of tweeks here and there to make our uniform slightly different wouldn't go a miss and i'm sure would be appreciated by all. We're not asking for a whole new dressing room, just want to be able to know who is who.

Cheers :)

I personally believe we should stick with white shirts, it ain't broken and don't need fixing.
The MET is one of the only police forces that still require all officers to wear white collared shirts (correct me if I am wrong please).

Plus in my opinion, we already differentiate from ERT with the cars that we drive, the only car being shared is the G31 facelift with ARO.
The short sleeve is our signature outfit on the server too as ERT as that is a privilege of joining Roads Policing
The thing is Kube there are a couple of things that are wrong with the Uniforms (1 and 2) of course they are factually correct but they are wrong in other ways like for instance the reason we are having this conversation is because other divisions like CivRP can often not differentiate ourselves from ERT because are Uniforms are so ridiculously similar. personally I think this shouldn't be the case as I'm not even joking every single division has a different uniform to ERT except RTPC and like I have said in the above text the hat isn't worn as much as people may think so you cant exactly say "that's what differentiates us" because it can't.

Also in terms of cars are vehicles aren't exactly put out for show so everybody knows what we drive because they don't I know for a fact before I joined RTPC I didn't have the slightest clue what vehicles I would be getting instead of ERT although I did know they were going to be a tad better as are job is to make sure the roads are safe and to pursue vehicles that a lot of the time are pretty fast so I wouldn't exactly say that are cars is what "differentiates us" from ERT the biggest thing we have in my opinion that "differentiates us" is the hat which like I have explained isn't always worn that's why I think there should be a change in the uniform.

Thanks Ben.

The thing is Kube there are a couple of things that are wrong with the Uniforms (1 and 2) of course they are factually correct but they are wrong in other ways like for instance the reason we are having this conversation is because other divisions like CivRP can often not differentiate ourselves from ERT because are Uniforms are so ridiculously similar. personally I think this shouldn't be the case as I'm not even joking every single division has a different uniform to ERT except RTPC and like I have said in the above text the hat isn't worn as much as people may think so you cant exactly say "that's what differentiates us" because it can't.

Also in terms of cars are vehicles aren't exactly put out for show so everybody knows what we drive because they don't I know for a fact before I joined RTPC I didn't have the slightest clue what vehicles I would be getting instead of ERT although I did know they were going to be a tad better as are job is to make sure the roads are safe and to pursue vehicles that a lot of the time are pretty fast so I wouldn't exactly say that are cars is what "differentiates us" from ERT the biggest thing we have in my opinion that "differentiates us" is the hat which like I have explained isn't always worn that's why I think there should be a change in the uniform.

Thanks Ben.
I can't lie, I see where you're coming from, however, the knowledge of cars is a thing that comes with experience as a Civ actor. Getting to learn cars, callsigns, and uniforms is all part of the role of a CivRP actor. If this suggestion is about changing uniforms because Civs cannot recognise us, then I disagree, I'm sorry.

I can't lie, I see where you're coming from, however, the knowledge of cars is a thing that comes with experience as a Civ actor. Getting to learn cars, callsigns, and uniforms is all part of the role of a CivRP actor. If this suggestion is about changing uniforms because Civs cannot recognise us, then I disagree, I'm sorry.
This isn't just to do with Civ's its to do with basically every division and yes maybe a Civ would likely have a lot of experience you cant always guarantee it but like I said other divisions may have a hard time being able to tell us apart and especially if they only caught a glimpse of us even a Civ wouldnt be able to see who's who from around 25 metres away your about 5o pixels at that point.

Not just that, i have just seen a further suggestion from ERT to have the short sleeved uniform (which we have) also. I have seen it backed by multiple people, including command so i think it is only fair for us to have a new uniform (ERT suggestion has been moved to dev review).

Last edited:
RTPC Irl have been switching to a load bearing vest, same as current Raptor one just without the patches. other distinguishable options adding onto this could be a fleece underneath the vest (current or new load bearing one) and the same for a hivis being underneath the load bearing vest which could make a rather distinguishable difference and identifiable uniform for civs.

RTPC Irl have been switching to a load bearing vest, same as current Raptor one just without the patches. other distinguishable options adding onto this could be a fleece underneath the vest (current or new load bearing one) and the same for a hivis being underneath the load bearing vest which could make a rather distinguishable difference and identifiable uniform for civs.
Here is a good example of this Ben it clearly shows the MET badge

Attachments

• IMG_0698.jpeg
    IMG_0698.jpeg
    644.8 KB · Views: 13
After a lengthy discussion with DisguisedAsBen, I believe we don't exactly need to replace 1 and 2, Short and Long white sleeves.

The conclusion I came to, is that upgrading to the newer LBVs as shown in that photo would be beneficial for the suggestion, as not only would it differentiate RTPC from response (in the absence of a hat), but also be in line with what the MPS are doing with modernising vests for Roads policing.

The second point that I came to is agreeing with BenWC on having a separate Fleece under vest uniform (perhaps for RAPTOR since HVs are apparently a big nono), maintaining their discretion with an all-black uniform but providing some insulation and then also providing a differentiation if TPAC uniforms were to get the same current RAPTOR vest.

I would like to point out, I do not think this is crucial, or quite frankly a very needed suggestion at all and I will remain with a downvote, however as an avid forum dweller I decided to throw my 2 cents into the pile as food for thought for anyone lurking and reading these suggestions who may agree with it themselves.

And finally, addressing the point of ERT getting the short-sleeved white shirt. This might be a very silly or quite a niece take from me, however, I see the short-sleeved white shirt and tie as a reward of sorts. The way I see it is that not only do you go through a gruelling application and interview process, if you're successful into RTPC as a division you then have to go through lengthy training and then another 2-week probationary period. After all that, you get the privilege of wearing the sought-after short-sleeved shirt with pride. At least that's how I saw it, as ERT I saw that short-sleeved shirt as a reward for those getting into one of the most prestigious divisions on the server, and when I did get in, I could wear it knowing I earned it.

Going to put my 2 pence in here seeing as ERT is being mentioned. Yes there has been a discussion about ERT getting the short sleeve, doesnt mean its going to happen, but seeing as we all want to be so realistic, met response officers get short sleeves. Everyones point about well some people dont like wearing the hat, to be honest that sounds like a them problem. If the hat is what shows you are RTPC then wear it or dont complain. Also a really big difference between ERT and RTPC is the vehicles that they drive, if a civ is getting boxed in by a toyota corolla and a vaxhaul insignia insignia instead of 2 or 3 BMW 330's then saying oh I thought it could be RTPC is a little silly of them. I get we all want new uniforms and new cars but if RTPC get a nice new all black uniform then Raptor will say oh wait now they look like us from a distance so then raptor will want something new. What we do in game in terms of uniform is fairly realistic, people wont like this comment but roads officers are response officers with a higher driving ticket, in my area we all wear black undershirts so all looks the same. Maybe im looking at this wrong but I dont understand how anyone can say that an officer driving round in an unmarked BMW could be ERT or a officer driving round in a astra could be RTPC.

Afternoon,

So, I've spent a bit of time reviewing this suggestion and we've decided this will not be progressing. From a civ perspective, as mentioned above I believe, if they're getting boxed by an i3 or a Corrolla and can't tell the difference of who is ERT or RTPC, then there's bigger questions to be asked there.

For now, we won't be looking to adjust the uniforms, as this will undoubtedly have a knock on effect for others too. Just to be clear, I have spoken with our devs on this and we have come to the same conclusion.

Thank you for your suggestion however, this will be rejected.

Best,

Chinny