Declined Met Taser Deployment Form

The suggestion has been declined.
D

Deleted member 5106

Add a form you're required to fill out every time you deploy your taser to reduce the amount of false tasers deployed.

Form could include the following;

How many cartridges deployed?

Why was it deployed?

Did you use other means of reasonable force?
No - Then it will ask why you used taser first
Yes - Form complete

Any opinions or feedback?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Add a form you're required to fill out every time you deploy your taser to reduce the amount of false tasers deployed.

Form could include the following;

How many cartridges deployed?

Why was it deployed?

Did you use other means of reasonable force?
No - Then it will ask why you used taser first
Yes - Form complete

Any opinions or feedback?
I feel like this would be filled in by probably 5% of people. Do you really want more paperwork?

It's a good idea tbf but like Pipe said I doubt anyone would actually do it. The main reason most AFOs do it is that we're a small division + we do PIS', plus we only do it when we discharge an actual firearm, mainly because it will cause damage to property or people

I like the sound of this, It's doesn't have to be a very long form but I think it will be good for Command Teams to see if there division is not abusing the taser. However there is one problem, I doubt many people will actually fill it out meaning it would be pointless.

Simple answer to this... No
Reason for this it would not be beneficial to put this as mandatory as it wouldn't be filled out as said previously by the people above. Not only this, it would be not be benificial to the Division Command teams to add more on to their busy schedules as it is.

So at this time and for the reasons above this suggestion will be Declined.

Last edited: