Accepted Multi-Divisional pings should go in #announcements

The suggestion has been accepted.

FunnyHat

Developer - Tier 2
Reaction score
Hello,

When you are a member of many divisions and a ping goes out for something changing (as is now, about CIU needing to be called out for every RTC), you are pinged the same message in every single divisional Discord channel.

I think in instances where something like this needs pinging across all divisions, it should only be pinged once in #announcements Discord channel.

That way everyone still sees it but its not being repeated across every division unnecessarily.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
as far as main announcement channel, we cant spam that as I want to keep the channel stats high. If we spam this with useless pings it will likely dilute its worth.

Command teams may want to review how they ping. So I’ll leave it open to them to discuss if needed

SPC commonly use the police form hub for anything relating to tree wide announcements, personally I think that system works fine? I know that doesnt apply to other trees however i assume they use a similar system

Maybe there could be a channel called something like "Divisional announcements" where these can go, with everyone having access to view them?

I like this idea, #divisional-announcements next to #announcements

SPC commonly use the police form hub for anything relating to tree wide announcements, personally I think that system works fine? I know that doesnt apply to other trees however i assume they use a similar system

I think this only happens with Police, other areas don't have a common cross-divisional form hub.

To be honest, Multi Pings only happen when its something that cross divisionally needs to be placed out.

Its very few and far between.

Some nights you will get multiple pings if multiple command teams are involved in the same discussion, however its on the rare occasion that it will be required to be across the board.

Surely we could reduce the pings to 1 Ping per Tree, Utilising Pilice Form Hub, NHS Form Hub, LFB Form Hub & Aux Form Hubs. That would amount to 4 Pings.

This will only work for Cross Divisional Pings though not Pings on which the individual tree's publish themselves where they utilise a ping to place important information for Divisions.

Surely we could reduce the pings to 1 Ping per Tree, Utilising Pilice Form Hub, NHS Form Hub, LFB Form Hub & Aux Form Hubs. That would amount to 4 Pings.

This will only work for Cross Divisional Pings though not Pings on which the individual tree's publish themselves where they utilise a ping to place important information for Divisions.
The problem is that they're not utilized correctly. police form hub is only when new sergeants/insp/... are introduced, and las form hub is only for operations, all the other ones are just links to the forms and sheets.

They need to be utilized for things that are relevant to all divisions of said department.

This is why in NHS we only ping in the LAS Musteroom unless it's Branch Specific.

If it includes the whole Tree then it's a single ping to Paramedic which everyone holds.

If its HART then HART gets pinged, Same with HEMS.

The only time we will ping if its information relative to changes we are making, Something has gone wrong multiple times not just once or its information we require to share with you all.

Absolutely, especially this Major incident thing going on recently could have gone in the form hub as a generic announcement rather than I think it was like 2 pings per division.

However there wouldn't be a point of just pinging it into an aux form hub, as it would have to be split across the divisions, however one day I would like to see a shared aux form hub

Hello, multi div notices are now put through police form hub on our side. Most other trees only have one main channel anyway, so will pass to accepted.