Declined New deployment tracking

The suggestion has been declined.
Status
Not open for further replies.

(JS-2) Steve21

LFB Trainer
Reaction score
with the talk of forms and deployment tracking i would like to suggest the below,

to track deployments we have a /onduty /offduty command ingame, and dependant on the division that you are running as that will then log your hours to that division,

to stop this being abused by afk, we could add a no movement timeout that warns the player if they have not moved for 15 minutes say that they will taken off duty and have to book back on for it to count,

at the moment someone can submit a deployment form without actually being ingame, and the only way to check this is to check the server logs or see if anyone saw them active, obviously this has some gaps for abuse and not every deployment can be checked,

im happy to add more context if required and i look forward to hearing back :)

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'll add a little more context about what's going on behind the scenes. We're looking to add a much more in-depth spawn system similar to those you see in ARMA and Hell Let Loose. You'll pick your division to spawn as and create a squad that will be assigned a callsign (or use your delta one). You can join pre-existing squads too. Each squad selects their own vehicle which will act as your spawn point. If you want to change division, you'll use the spawn menu again which will start counting towards that division. I suspect on-duty forms will disappear. There's also chat around limiting, or trying to spread out the number of people in each division to keep diversity up, so an AFK timer would likely kick players to open up that slot, subsequently stopping their time build-up. Again this hasn't been fully ironed out. A lot of the changes I'm thinking of move away from RP in favour of fun, which is always a balancing act that needs to be balanced carefully. So the plans may change slightly.

Anything that automates the process of not having to manually record hours is + in my eyes! Sounds very promising, can't wait to hopefully see this in fruition :D

I'll add a little more context about what's going on behind the scenes. We're looking to add a much more in-depth spawn system similar to those you see in ARMA and Hell Let Loose. You'll pick your division to spawn as and create a squad that will be assigned a callsign (or use your delta one). You can join pre-existing squads too. Each squad selects their own vehicle which will act as your spawn point. If you want to change division, you'll use the spawn menu again which will start counting towards that division. I suspect on-duty forms will disappear. There's also chat around limiting, or trying to spread out the number of people in each division to keep diversity up, so an AFK timer would likely kick players to open up that slot, subsequently stopping their time build-up. Again this hasn't been fully ironed out. A lot of the changes I'm thinking of move away from RP in favour of fun, which is always a balancing act that needs to be balanced carefully. So the plans may change slightly.
Dont agree with limiting departments personally. It could cause issues with training, or MI ops ect.

As fish mentioned for it, As of current we have no plans to add a system like this so will be declined

Status
Not open for further replies.