Suggestion Accepted NHS/LAS: Additional medications

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

ArinZima

MET Trainer
Reaction score
Website
arinzima.com
Suggestion Title: Additional medications

Division: NHS/LAS

There are certain situations within the server that do not have medicine mentioned to treat.

I have asked around and Googled, and found 2 medicine that can help with treatment in specific situations.

In the scenario of extreme high blood pressure, a patient is able to fall into cardiac arrest. This is due to the heart receiving too much blood to pump, eventually causing it to stop beating. This can be helped by administering Nitroglycerin through intravenous means. The dose includes 0.4mg per five minutes, until a max of 3 doses has been given (1.2mg over 15 minutes).

In the event of a patient having an arrhythmia, or is in cardiac arrest with a non-shockable rhythm (usually caused by an arrhythmia), it is possible to administer 0.25mg of Digoxin through intravenous means. This will battle the arrhythmia and mostly place patients within shockable rhythm.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello Arin,

I've raised this to Other NHS command, We will review this and i hope to be able to come back to you with an Answer in the next few days.

Thanks

Hi there

Thank you for your suggestion. GTN spray and digoxin have both been suggested previously and are being placed into training. With this said, I will move this to accepted

Many thanks

(C4) Kior12

Hi ArinZima,

We are actively performing a routine review of all our packages, all from Paramedic to HEMS level.

I'm happy to inform you that parts of this suggestion have been implemented and will be rolled out in the next coming weeks for training packages.

Regards