Suggestion Declined NHS/LAS: FRA Pulse Oximeter

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

(OFC) Harry

MET Trainer
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: FRA Pulse Oximeter

Division: NHS/LAS

Hey! From MET Police official

https://www.met.police.uk/SysSiteAssets/foi-media/metropolitan-police/disclosure_2021/october_2021/mps-policy-rules-and-regulations-of-police-medics

a ARV Medic carries a Pulse Oximeter. A pulse Oximeter has the ability to take SPo2% Readings, but also has the capacity to take HR. Currently this is not in game, however the ECG is. Most Defibrillators have a ECG function built in to prevent medical staff from having to take a pulse for 15 seconds and multiplying by 4. However if a standard ARV has a Pulse Oximeter, and with that not being in game why not allow AFO to utilise that function. I understand it tells us more than just the HR but that is the main function. This will be life saving as well as AFO will have to take a HR measurement which can delay a shock by 15 seconds which can be the difference between life or death.

I hope you guys consider this 🙂

Note, this will be temporary until a we get a Pulse Oximeter some time in the future from development. But it’s an excellent substitute until it is added.

Reactions: z1.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Suggestion Title: FRA Pulse Oximeter

Division: NHS/LAS

Hey! From MET Police official

a ARV Medic carries a Pulse Oximeter. A pulse Oximeter has the ability to take SPo2% Readings, but also has the capacity to take HR. Currently this is not in game, however the ECG is. Most Defibrillators have a ECG function built in to prevent medical staff from having to take a pulse for 15 seconds and multiplying by 4. However if a standard ARV has a Pulse Oximeter, and with that not being in game why not allow AFO to utilise that function. I understand it tells us more than just the HR but that is the main function. This will be life saving as well as AFO will have to take a HR measurement which can delay a shock by 15 seconds which can be the difference between life or death.

I hope you guys consider this 🙂

Note, this will be temporary until a we get a Pulse Oximeter some time in the future from development. But it’s an excellent substitute until it is added.

Hi Harry,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have reviewed the kit that ARVs carry along METs procedures. I'm pretty keen we have nailed it on the head with what AFO will be carrying in game. We could quite easily allow AFO to do much more than what they currently can, but this has been restricted on purpose to create a barrier between different escalations.

I'm not overly keen on allowing AFO to have access to the ECG. You are able to manually check pulse and blood pressure at the moment.

I've put forward the mention of a pulse oximeter as this would fit in nicely with our oxygen system, but we will not be allowing AFO to use the ECG at the moment.