Suggestion Declined NHS/LAS: HEMS Callsign Change

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Ghost78

Police Constable
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: HEMS Callsign Change

Division: NHS/LAS

I think that HEMS should incorporate a similar callsign to the AFO one. More specifically, when a HEMS unit is single crewed it should keep the callsign HO-X but when they are double crewed, CCP+CCD or CCP+CCP etc, they should utilise the callsign Medic-X. This is the HEMS ground crews irl callsign and I think that it would greatly improve the Roleplay when on HEMS and promote Double Crewing.

In regards to duplicating vehicles, I.e there being 2 HO4 cars but ones is a Medic callsign and the other HO4, a rule could be put in. Place stating that the Medic number has to be the number of the car. For example, MEDIC-5 would be a double crewed asset using the HO-5 vehicle.

This would not affect the Helimed-27/28 callsigns, I.e if. Helimed is double crewed with 2 CCPs it would still be Helimed-27/28.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Not in HEMS so take what I say with a grain of salt. My only concern would be I believe HEMS callsigns are assigned to cars, which you've obviously addressed.
I also remember hearing that HO1 or at least one of the HEMS Vehicles had to be double crewed to be operated, wondering if this is still a thing/ has been a thing.

Not in HEMS so take what I say with a grain of salt. My only concern would be I believe HEMS callsigns are assigned to cars, which you've obviously addressed.
I also remember hearing that HO1 or at least one of the HEMS Vehicles had to be double crewed to be operated, wondering if this is still a thing/ has been a thing.
HO1 requires a double crew and as such they would use the callsign Medic-1 when deployed.

Hello, thank you very much for your suggestion, however due to the fact we have call signs for set vehicles within the division, this would cause a lot of confusion as well as a lot of work to change everything over to new callsigns and also keep the current ones. This wouldn't work like AFO due to the fact they use calls signs per how many officers are online and we use callsigns to math the car we are driving. Due to this I will be declining this suggestion.

Many thanks,
(HE1) Stormzz
HEMS Operational Team Leader.