Suggestion Declined NHS/LAS: HEMS Callsigns / More Callsigns

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Louis.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: HEMS Callsigns / More Callsigns

Division: NHS/LAS

Hello,

Within HEMS, yes, there are HO1, HO3, HO4, and HO5 for a CCP. And you can double crew or triple in these vehicles, but sometimes when there is a new intake these are always filled. Also i feel like when people ask to double crew in text chat a lot of people will ignore it. I just think there should be more HEMS Vehicles that maybe can go up to HO7 or 8 or even 9 so others have the ability to be able to even go on as that Division. Because all other divisions there is not really a requirment for the amount of units that can be out. I dont know its just hard to go on as HEMS at the start of a new intake and even be able to get in a car to go on a shift.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
We have HO7 and 8, they are HEMS TL cars. Also 2 Helimeds, capable of combined holding 4 HEMS units. It will always be busy for the first few weeks with any intake, gradually there will be more selection of cars.

As part of HEMS, HELIMED, if available, should always be crewed first. Helimed can hold two HEMS paramedics collectively. The ground vehicles can be single crewed or double crewed. We do advise double crewing if needed, as similarly to clinical, you can learn more from double crewing. Ultimately, if all ground vehicles are filled, and so is helimed then you would simply have to switch to another division, such as clinical for the time being.

I understand that as part of the new intake, you want to run as said division much more, but it isn't always possible at times. Just remember there are other chances to do so. Another thing to remember is, if there's 5 ground vehicles to no box ambos, your patients won't get transported.

Hi @Louis.

Thanks for taking the time to fill out this suggestion. At the moment, we aren't looking to increase the number of callsigns within HEMS as for reasons stated above. This is therefore declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.