Suggestion Declined NHS/LAS: LAS - Paramedic Car

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

finlayyardley

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: LAS - Paramedic Car

Division: NHS/LAS

Paramedic Response Car For Paramedic not just for AP also for Paramedic's - Does have IRL

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Sounds cool but actually on the server there would probably end up being no box ambos. It's bad enough having most NHS online being APs, HEMS or HART and having no actual ambulances. But hey that's just my take.

Sounds like an interesting idea, however, IRL the DCA/DSA vehicles are preferred over RRVs and will be resourced as a priority, perhaps having an RRV for rural areas might be something senior management might consider :)

Hey 👋 Thanks for the suggestion

Absolutely, I agree that with realism, Paramedics would have access to RRV's, however it is limited to AP's within the game, to allow for more control on the ratios, amongst other reasons.

IRL, within London, there are a couple main reasons that RRV's are utilized. Some of these are:
  • Single/Double crewed Emergency Responders RRV's (volunteer)
  • Single/Double crewed EAC/PMD RRV's (these vehicles are retained to respond to the most serious calls, i.e Cat 1's)
  • Single/Double crewed Adv Paramedic (Practitioner) RRV's (Aimed at providing the best cover, with around 8 across the whole of London at any time)
  • Single/Double crewed IROs/CTM's (Main role is to provide scene command, liaison with other services/tactical within EOC)
That list is not exhaustive and there are other functions as well, however with the current structure we have in the NHS within PMP, I don't really see a benefit to allowing Paramedics to use RRV's.

At the end of the day, if you call 999 and are dispatched London Ambulance resources, 99.9% of the time, at least one of the resources that attend the call will be a DSA. With the aim of trying to keep it as realistic and fun as possible, we currently won't be visiting the idea of Paramedics gaining access to RRV's. This is on the basis that the use of RRV's would jump and we would see a severe drop off of DSA's.

On that basis, I will mark this suggestion as DECLINED.

This doesn't mean that it won't be revisited in the future, as we are in an everchanging environment, and there may be some good
things to come ;)

Regards,