Suggestion Declined NHS/LAS: Major Incident Planing Paramedic Identification Outfit/Hat

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zzixM

NHS Trainer
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Major Incident Planing Paramedic Identification Outfit/Hat

Division: NHS/LAS

I Would like to suggest a outfit of Hat, similar to the Counter Surveillance hats for CIDs non-Uniformed officers outfits, that allows other Paramedics to properly distinguish MIP Paramedics from other Paramedics, this would greatly increase the efficiency of early Major Incidents before Any Scene commanders can respond. I think the best way to implement an identifying feature would be a hat but another outfit that has a MIP Vest on could work as well, these items/Outfits could be equipped through the ambulance menu for easy use and allow those without Tac-Ops to still get use of the items. It would also be best if these outfits where restricted to incidents the paramedic deems Major to prevent Abuse of the outfit/item

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello zzixM,

Thank you for your suggestion, due to MIP Paramedics only being able to do the basics with dealing with incidents which require the METHANE message I feel like it would be mis used and lead to people trying to dictate other paramedics. I understand where this could come in useful but I feel like a vest wouldn't exactly be necessary for LAS MIP trained. At the same time if it was added to the ambulance anyone could equip it as paramedic even if they aren't trained. Due to MIP isn't a separate tag which would be difficult to add.

Unfortunately, i will be declining this suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.