Suggestion Declined NHS/LAS: New NHS drug entry method

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Duckymuted

Police Constable
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: New NHS drug entry method

Division: NHS/LAS

My suggestion is to add something called IM (Intermuscular).

Just like IV and IO, IM is an entry method that is used by health care professionals all across the UK. IM works with most injection drugs such as Pain relief, Atropine, etc. Intermuscular as it says in its own name, is a needle that you put into a patients muscle and inject a drug. This would be very usefulll when you need to give drugs such as Pain Relief, but dont need a whole IV or IO.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
IM has always been a thing in the server believe, I mean the Monthly Op’s vaccines would have been delivered via IM. Epinephrine is also a form of IM. In my opinion, in regards to the drugs you mentioned, I.e Atropine, if I as a clinician am delivering a muscarinic antagonist I would rather push it through an IV as I am more likely to push other medications in this situation.

Hello, thank you for the suggestion. I believe in the past this has been implemented however it wasn't utilised as much as we wanted it to be. As far as I'm aware Intermuscular Injections are used for pushing medications which is what IO/IV are used for. Sadly I will be declining this suggestion due to the fact in the past it was brought but was not used.