The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Watko

Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello Folks,
Essentially a lot of thought and time has been put into this (Did a 27 day streak of days hoping for MERIT Doctor but got nowhere so here I am).

The way how I see it, a MERIT Doctor is essentially a General Practitioner that does with in Medical Practices and things and sometimes hospitals. GP's also offer out of hours services along with going out for check ups on patients. I was wondering what people's thoughts were on this. There is some upsides and some downsides which I can list here (if there is more upsides or downsides please attach a comment below).
Upsides:
Offers a new skillset to those wanting to excel passed Doctor or AP (depending on what LAS Commands view point is on progression).
Offers the ability to add something new and improved to the Division which could add player base.
Gives people the opportunity to not always having to be responding to mass trauma calls etc (ik its the fun stuff leave me be I am BSing here).
Downsides:
The role will be very dependent on civ side of things with there having to be things like home calls (which GPs usually respond to). Being a MERIT Doctor you will be treating basic shortness of breath to other things that you might not usually see PMDs responding too.
Will mean making documents and things to train those wanting to become MERIT Doctors (I am more than willing to help because simply put I am a nerd).
Will mean inputting a new vehicle and outfit.
May also mean having to add things to the medical system for there to be things for MERIT Doctors to push (Devs I am sorry it is a ball ache with the Medical System I am sorry).
Here are some pictures below of potential ideas for a MERIT Doctor Role and Car.
I hope this gets through
Many thanks,
Watko

Attachments

• image_2024-04-02_213109518-min.png
    image_2024-04-02_213109518-min.png
    167.9 KB · Views: 12
  • image_2024-04-02_213006358-min.png
    image_2024-04-02_213006358-min.png
    421.6 KB · Views: 12
  • image_2024-04-02_212923664-min.png
    image_2024-04-02_212923664-min.png
    409.8 KB · Views: 8
  • image_2024-04-02_212941191-min.png
    image_2024-04-02_212941191-min.png
    375.4 KB · Views: 13
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello Watko,

Thank you for your Suggestion. the above appears to be more on call General Practioners rather than MERIT Doctor. At this moment in time this isn't an avenue in which we are looking to explore, General Practioners on call would be more making house visits outwith General GP Hours, Where these calls have been through the 111 System and graded as requiring a house visit.

MERIT - Medical Emergency Response Intervention Team is normally a Crew of a Pre-Hospital Consultant Doctor & Critical Care Paramedic, They will typically respond to serious trauma cases such as stabbings, shootings and serious RTCs and will assist Command members from the LAS on Mass Cas Incidents with Care advice.

At this moment in time i'm going Decline this suggestion however we may revisit this in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.