Suggestion Declined NHS Tabards

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Corey6136

Subscriber
Reaction score
I think it would be beneficial for Incident Commander Operational Commanders, Doctors (MERIT, HEMS) Tactical Advisors (HART Trainers) to get access to the reverent tabards. This would be beneficial on mass causalities to identify command and leader roles when on scenes which involve many staff workers. I am aware that there is a tactical command tabard already in the game which is accessed by command through the lockers and through the boot of vehicles by NHS any command. With the addition of these tabards it would allow for more realistic medical roleplay and for a reliable source of leadership.
I would like Doctors (MERIT, HEMS) and Tactical Advisors (HART Trainers) to have access to their own tabards as these roles need to be identified quickly to insure a swift communication of important communication. This would especially helpful for the Tactical Advisors as they may be in charge of organising the HART Team on scene and overviewing the treatment process. I believe Operational Team leaders also need tabards for identification of a operational commander. If accepted I would like this to be accessed via the lockers and boot in game, connecting to the NHS Trainer role for the Tactical advisor tabard, the NHS Doctor role for the doctor/medical advisor tabard and NHS operational Team leader for the operational commander tabard.

The Image below shows a diagram of command tabards which is sourced from NARU specification. Which if accepted be based on.
Thank you for reading.
Screenshot 2023-03-09 185256.jpg

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello Corey,

I'm gonna throw my 2p in on this one, From a HEMS Perspective i don't feel that we would require any tabards other than the Operational Command Tabard which i have previously suggested Here (Click Here).

My Reasoning behind this is because HEMS Doctors have got their own Uniforms, In Red & Orange that both say Doctor on the Rear, For Mass Casualty Scenes it does state on the Uniform Guide that Orange Jumpsuits should be the chosen uniform to attend in for visibility reasons.

Initial Scene Commanders can be anyone from Advanced Paramedic Upwards, and therefore i don't believe a tabard would be required here.

As for Tactical Advisor, Well what really is there job? From the information i can find this would be the same as what Operational Team Leaders do in game.

Hey 👋

I like the idea of introducing more tabards, however some of these do seem a little useless for us in-game. The reason they exist in real life, is that with so many moving parts, you need someone easily identifiable as holding that role.

In-game, I don't really see a use for tabards such as 'Tactical Advisor', seen as we usually don't have the resources or the need for another member of NHS to be on the sidelines as a tactical advisor, as opposed to getting involved with treatment.

Tactical Advisors (HART Trainers)
I understand your reasoning behind HART Trainers having a tabard to make themselves stand out when commanding the HART team's response to a scene, if an OTL isn't available to take charge of HART, however to be honest I don't see this being introduced. It does make sense, however I feel as though it doesn't provide enough benefit to the overall scene & division to be worth the development time. Maybe something to revisit in the future.

My Reasoning behind this is because HEMS Doctors have got their own Uniforms, In Red & Orange that both say Doctor on the Rear, For Mass Casualty Scenes it does state on the Uniform Guide that Orange Jumpsuits should be the chosen uniform to attend in for visibility reasons.
Further, I agree with Kilted's point regarding doctors having a tabard. Realistically they don't use them, and from my experience running major incidents from an LAS standpoint, on the ground IRL, I've never seen a doctor wear this tabard. To be honest, I have a funny feeling that they don't really exist, as I've never seen them in the major incident packs (maybe this is just a London thing though :ROFLMAO:)

I believe Operational Team leaders also need tabards for identification of a operational commander.
I do, however, agree with this point. The "Operational Commander" tabard would be something that would be brilliant for us to be able to utilize in-game. From my time as an Incident Response Officer in LAS, I used the Operational Commander tabard numerous times on a range of different incidents, and I believe that it would be beneficial for us in-game, to be able to identify who is running things on the ground.

However, this has been suggested before, as you can see HERE, and is currently pending review from the dev team.

-
Overall, I believe that some parts of this suggestion would be nice to see implemented, however these things have been suggested before. As such, I will mark this suggestion as DECLINED, on the basis of preventing duplicate suggestions.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Regards,