Officer Development for PoliceMP and the Real World

Jet6R6

Reaction score
This proposal is to design, develop and deliver training courses that will both benefit officers (at all levels) within PoliceMP, and give them transferable knowledge, ability and training that will benefit them in the real world.

There are a number of subjects which I can develop and deliver that meet the above aim and give something unique to our community members which they won’t necessarily find in other gaming communities. Below are some example topics that I feel have both in game benefits and real world benefits. All would be developed with a clear application to PoliceMP, and would utilise real world models and theory (the transferable bit). Development of these courses will also take into account competency requirements for certain PoliceMP roles and would give officers a route to develop these competencies.

• Train the Trainer
  • Assessor
  • Mentoring Skills
  • Coaching Skills
  • Training Needs Analysis
  • Training Evaluation
  • First Level Leaders
  • Fundamentals of Management
  • Teamwork & Team Types
  • My learning Style
  • Risk Assessment Awareness
I will aim to create the courses in two hour blocks, so some course may consist of multiple parts. I would set up a schedule for officers to ‘book’ a place on whichever courses they feel will benefit them. The order of course topics to be developed will be based on the need/requirement as a priority, and then by officer demand.

I propose a new tag (Professional Trainer) as an example. Those with this tag should ideally have some real world delivery or managerial experience and will be required to undertake training to deliver the above subject(s), OR be prepared to be developed to the standard required.

So, obvious question you may have, why me? I’ve been looking for ways to give something back to this community and utilise my real world knowledge and skills. I have degree level qualifications in management and training and currently hold or have held roles that give me the years of relevant experience. All the subjects above I have delivered in the real world and have been accredited to deliver. There are many many more subjects I could deliver around health and safety and professional development, should a need arise.

To do this, I’d need to start the development process from scratch. Everything I have created in the past belongs to the company for which it was developed for (IPP). This will be a significant investment of time and a lot of work, so I really do not want to go down this route if we’re are not fully committed to it. It will also mean less time actually in game and working away in the background, so I wouldn’t want this to penalise me if I went for certain roles in game.

I believe this will be the standard other communities would aspire to. What a great accolade we could claim if not only do we game and share this experience together, but we’re also developing skills that our members can use anywhere in their lives. Skills that employers pay good money to develop their employees in. For example, if we bring in externals, my workplace pays between £850 - £1,400 a day for subjects like these to be delivered. PoliceMP would get this for free.

What a great suggestion. I love how this can develop individuals in all ranks within PoliceMP. I am all for Learning and Development and the need for giving everyone the same chance and i think this idea fits right in. Well done Jet!

This proposal is to design, develop and deliver training courses that will both benefit officers (at all levels) within PoliceMP, and give them transferable knowledge, ability and training that will benefit them in the real world.

There are a number of subjects which I can develop and deliver that meet the above aim and give something unique to our community members which they won’t necessarily find in other gaming communities. Below are some example topics that I feel have both in game benefits and real world benefits. All would be developed with a clear application to PoliceMP, and would utilise real world models and theory (the transferable bit). Development of these courses will also take into account competency requirements for certain PoliceMP roles and would give officers a route to develop these competencies.

• Train the Trainer
  • Assessor
  • Mentoring Skills
  • Coaching Skills
  • Training Needs Analysis
  • Training Evaluation
  • First Level Leaders
  • Fundamentals of Management
  • Teamwork & Team Types
  • My learning Style
  • Risk Assessment Awareness
I will aim to create the courses in two hour blocks, so some course may consist of multiple parts. I would set up a schedule for officers to ‘book’ a place on whichever courses they feel will benefit them. The order of course topics to be developed will be based on the need/requirement as a priority, and then by officer demand.

I propose a new tag (Professional Trainer) as an example. Those with this tag should ideally have some real world delivery or managerial experience and will be required to undertake training to deliver the above subject(s), OR be prepared to be developed to the standard required.

So, obvious question you may have, why me? I’ve been looking for ways to give something back to this community and utilise my real world knowledge and skills. I have degree level qualifications in management and training and currently hold or have held roles that give me the years of relevant experience. All the subjects above I have delivered in the real world and have been accredited to deliver. There are many many more subjects I could deliver around health and safety and professional development, should a need arise.

To do this, I’d need to start the development process from scratch. Everything I have created in the past belongs to the company for which it was developed for (IPP). This will be a significant investment of time and a lot of work, so I really do not want to go down this route if we’re are not fully committed to it. It will also mean less time actually in game and working away in the background, so I wouldn’t want this to penalise me if I went for certain roles in game.

I believe this will be the standard other communities would aspire to. What a great accolade we could claim if not only do we game and share this experience together, but we’re also developing skills that our members can use anywhere in their lives. Skills that employers pay good money to develop their employees in. For example, if we bring in externals, my workplace pays between £850 - £1,400 a day for subjects like these to be delivered. PoliceMP would get this for free.
Great Idea!

Hello,

I will look into this suggestion further at some point this week.

Thanks.

Hello,

I will look into this suggestion further at some point this week.

Thanks.
Many thanks Cal, give me a shout if you want to discuss anything

SUGGESTION ACCEPTED
At this time, your suggestion has been accepted. Please check your Discord DMs when possible to view my content in regards to this suggestion.

Thanks for your suggestion!

I would like to thank PoliceMP and the Command Team for considering this suggested. Below is a sample of slides from the Train The Trainer course which has been created so command may evaluate this suggestion further. The full course will be submitted via the correct channels. It has been a pleasure to work on :)