Declined PCSO Uniforms for COLP

The suggestion has been declined.

MissAntador

Reaction score
A question recently came up in the awaiting training lounge from a PCSO asking if they could drive COLP vehicles. The answer, obviously, was yes, though the uniforms were limited to PC+. So, the question then becomes, why do PCSOs not have their own COLP uniform to further distinguish them from MET personnel? This would also help to prevent COLP vehicles from being stolen.

Attachments

• gettyimages-852974368-1024x1024.jpg
    gettyimages-852974368-1024x1024.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 10
  • B-mQnzzW4AEsCGl.png
    B-mQnzzW4AEsCGl.png
    1,023.9 KB · Views: 10
  • image_2023-10-18_094425154.png
    image_2023-10-18_094425154.png
    700.9 KB · Views: 10
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Seconding this, speaking from my own time as a PCSO there was some confusion as to whether they could use CoLP vehicles given their Met uniform.

I like the idea, just don't think its the idea as we ideally want people immediately going for their PC apps. Maybe utilising PCSOs as a role should be more frequent? Nice incentive though.​

I like the idea, just don't think its the idea as we ideally want people immediately going for their PC apps. Maybe utilising PCSOs as a role should be more frequent? Nice incentive though.​
I suppose it would be more just so the RP makes sense, not having a Met PCSO in a CoLP car. Of course as we do the debranding this may become less problematic.

I suppose it would be more just so the RP makes sense, not having a Met PCSO in a CoLP car. Of course as we do the debranding this may become less problematic.
Agree with that argument, makes sense completely.​

A question recently came up in the awaiting training lounge from a PCSO asking if they could drive COLP vehicles. The answer, obviously, was yes, though the uniforms were limited to PC+. So, the question then becomes, why do PCSOs not have their own COLP uniform to further distinguish them from MET personnel? This would also help to prevent COLP vehicles from being stolen.
Agree

Hello MissAntador,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and suggestion.

After careful consideration, we've concluded that we will not be moving forward with your suggestion regarding making PCSO uniforms available for COLP. While we see the thought and merit behind your idea, it doesn't align with our current development roadmap.

We understand this might be disappointing, but please know that your voice is important to us, and every suggestion is taken seriously and reviewed thoroughly.

Best regards,
Intrise