Declined Police Rank structure update

The suggestion has been declined.
Reaction score
Hello!

The idea that I would like to put forward is a little rejiggle within the police command structure. With the growing server size and some recent friction between divisions and SPC I think a restructure wouldn't do much harm. Plus with the numbers we have, we're able to get a few more people into ranks.

The basic principle behind this idea is below:
- Each division would have whitelisted spots
- Each division would have band 1 spots which are trainers (or OFC)
- Each division would have x4 Sergeants (with exception of ERT as they would have x10 sergeants)
- Each division would have x1 Inspector (with exception of ERT as they would have x3 inspectors)
- Each division would have a Chief Inspector (with exception of ERT as they would have x2 CI's)
- CID and DSU would share a Superintendent
- AFO and RTPC would share a Superintendent
- ERT would get it's own Superintendent
- Creation of x2 Chief Superintendent roles to sit above the x3 Superintendents
- Creation of Assistent Commissioner
- Creation of Deputy Commissioner
- Creation of Commissioner

Callsigns for each starting from lowest rank to highest rank:
Sergeants: As they are now but starting from 1.
Inspectors: As they are now
Chief Inspector: RCI1, RCI2, XCI1, DCI1, FCI1, OCI1
Superintendent: E1, E2, E3
Chief Superintendent: D1, D2
Assistant Commissioner: C2
Deputy Commissioner: C1
Commissioner: B1

The idea behind adding more command roles would be to allow SGT + INSP to 'freely' run the division maintaining trainings, standards and being available for chats etc.
The idea behind having a Chief inspector for every division would be to take pressure off the current CI, and divisional CI's could authorise big changes such as new divisions or the releasing of intakes for division and subdivisions etc, making these responses readily available and greatly reducing stress on the current CI.
The idea behind having a Superintendent to cover x2 CI's each (other than the 3rd covering solely ERT) would be to allow the big picture issues to be addressed such as the priorities for each division, be able to guide the decision making processes for the CI's and ensuring all divisions are preforming to what PoliceMP's visions and goals are.
The idea behind having the x2 Chief Superintendents are to bridge the gap between band 4 positions and band 3 positions. These would hold the highest power and have the last say in anything that required running this far up the CoC. These would have the responsibilities of maintaining the entire police tree and set out policies, procedures and goals for the police tree.
The idea behind having AC, DC and the commissioner is to have a clearly identifiable head of the police tree that SM can approach to lay out new rules, regs and anything else. Having the AC and DC would take a lot of pressure of one individual having all the power and responsibility

I believe having a fuller rank structure will allow for much smoother operation of the police tree and will support and promote decisions not requiring running all the way up the police CoC, as at the moment it feels like this is what needs to be done and it almost nulls the lower ranks. It would also replace the need for SPC to directly involved with day 2 day running's of divisions as they could ask the CI's of each division to address the issues, freeing up time and stress for the current SPC team

Banding structure:
Band 1: Trainers
Band 2: Sergeants (Yellow coloured)
Band 3: Inspectors + Chief Inspectors (Green coloured)
Band 4: Superintendent + Chief Superintendent (Red coloured)
SLT: AC, DC + Commissioner (Orange coloured)

I have attached a CoC tree of how it would be visualised.

Thank you

Attachments

• Police_Structure.jpg
    Police_Structure.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 38
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
See I actually visualised this a while back, just saw it as a totally unfathomable suggestion.

My take on this is that the current SGT:Constable ratio of looking after people is very large, and would perhaps benefit from change.

I like how LFB have a lower B2 role and a higher B2 role, and this could easily be replicated with both SGT and Insp being that lower/higher B2 position. Then having the Chief Inspector performing the roles the current lower B3 does which would be overlooking the entire division.

I have a diagram visualising this which I can’t access right now however I like the principle you’ve set out, yet my suggestion would look more like:
Band 1 | Trainers
Band 2 | Sgt, Insp
Band 3 | CI, Supint
Band 4/ SLT as seen fit

The reason I like the LFB Band structures is having those spots allows for progression for those in Band 2/3 especially since Vacancies within Band 3+ luckily don’t come around very often. Also I would believe the benefit would allow improved delegation and task overseeing/management.

Please let me know what you think, I hope my input can help your suggestion or perhaps mould it into something suitable for consideration.

Disclaimer: I obviously have never held a Band 2+ position within this community so please let me know if I’m chatting absolute rubbish, however I have held a few commander positions in another online community with similar style Branches (divisions) of 400+ people myself so I hope that the ideas I can bring to this suggestion have some merit behind them and may be moulded to work alongside PoliceMPs culture and community wants and needs.

Last edited:
Hello @(FS4) TheGamingCatalyst

Thanks for your suggestion.

As I do think this idea does hold some merit and could be taken away for future reference, at this moment in time this would essentially have the Police Command structure extremely top heavy.
Some things may change in the future in regards to the command structure as the server is ever growing but for the time being there will be no changes to how the structure works currently.

So on this occasion this suggestion will be denied

Thanks