Declined Reduce Unnecessary pings

The suggestion has been declined.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CallumS005

Subscriber
Reaction score
I've noticed an increase in pings on discord that don't seem to warrant pinging mass groups of people who do not want/need to see information.

Command managed to reduce Friday night patrol pings with the use of a new optional tag, this concept could be used more widely across the server.

1) NHS command pinging all members for FNP allocations - I believe this mass pinging could be reduced by allowing NHS command to ping friday night patrol subscribers in the las-musteroom. As there are a significant number of players getting pinged for information only relating to FNP regardless of if they are attending or not.
2) New subscriber tag for photo of the week. All PCs, Paramedics and firefighters are getting pinged for photo of the week, something that is a competition not information focused.

I understand that everyone can mute channels - however pings still show up when you open discord making me wonder if I've missed something important to only find out it is something completely unrelated to the role they pinged.

Personally I believe pings should only be for important and relevant information for the tag pinged, something I feel is being misused.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello! Overtime we have reduced the requirements on what can or would be pinged, in the current state i will look into if there is anything else and if things still fit the requirements but ultimately i will deny this simply because we only recently reviewed these :)

Status
Not open for further replies.