Declined Remove Reticle when aiming down sights.

The suggestion has been declined.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Olli

Game Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve been watching videos over past few days and noticing that when they aim down sight they don’t have a reticle.

I think this would be great for Firearms Civs, AFO and all Police Constables, as it adds more realistic roleplay. Instead of seeing AFO being shot instantly because Civs have a reticle. And AFO shooting Civs because they have a Reticle and so on. I think this would be fair on all players if they didn’t have reticle. IRL wouldn’t have it so think it’s a good idea to have in game, as not every shot is going to hit a suspect/officer. This just adds more realism to the game as I’m always seeing AFO getting shot instantly and Civs being tasered/shot instantly because they can practically lock onto them because they have a reticle.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I’ve been watching videos over past few days and noticing that when they aim down sight they don’t have a reticle.

I think this would be great for Firearms Civs, AFO and all Police Constables, as it adds more realistic roleplay. Instead of seeing AFO being shot instantly because Civs have a reticle. And AFO shooting Civs because they have a Reticle and so on. I think this would be fair on all players if they didn’t have reticle. IRL wouldn’t have it so think it’s a good idea to have in game, as not every shot is going to hit a suspect/officer. This just adds more realism to the game as I’m always seeing AFO getting shot instantly and Civs being tasered/shot instantly because they can practically lock onto them because they have a reticle.
+1

Sure, remove the reticle from everything I wouldn't complain :)

I love this suggestion. Removing the reticle from AFO, Civ's, and especially Tasers would be fantastic. Players might opt to use first person to make use of the weapons sights, which would be much more immersive and fun in my opinion too!

A few side notes though. It does introduce the possibility of an unfair advantage as lots of people will use 3rd party overlays for a reticle, some monitor even have the option built in.

Also, a reticle would need to be maintained for mods with their magic taser, otherwise deleting radios and smaller props will become very hard. Same for some fire tools, throwbags etc.

I'm gonna be honest, All of our players are different skill level, For example someone joining AFO or taser wise with say less then 100 GTA hours might not be 100% confident without the use of the reticle, For example i have over 5k hours on GTA and have played many servers/had the reticle off, The biggest worry is will this deter some players? Possibly and could also effect the way moderation works in some aspects, While i understand the idea behind it, I think potentially could cause further problems down the line as its much easier to tell when a player "Accidentally" tasers someone as you know the circle would have to be on them, Those are my concerns.

I'm gonna be honest, All of our players are different skill level, For example someone joining AFO or taser wise with say less then 100 GTA hours might not be 100% confident without the use of the reticle, For example i have over 5k hours on GTA and have played many servers/had the reticle off, The biggest worry is will this deter some players? Possibly and could also effect the way moderation works in some aspects, While i understand the idea behind it, I think potentially could cause further problems down the line as its much easier to tell when a player "Accidentally" tasers someone as you know the circle would have to be on them, Those are my concerns.
I agree, it does have the possibility of putting some players off, and moderation would become an issue, especially trying to prove that someone wasn't using an overlay too.

Perhaps it could be an option/command, default to on as it is now, but it would allow players who want that extra bit of challenge and realism to turn off their reticle. That way, they are opting themselves to have that added RP at the expense of the disadvantage to themselves if that is how they want to play.

I love this suggestion. Removing the reticle from AFO, Civ's, and especially Tasers would be fantastic. Players might opt to use first person to make use of the weapons sights, which would be much more immersive and fun in my opinion too!

A few side notes though. It does introduce the possibility of an unfair advantage as lots of people will use 3rd party overlays for a reticle, some monitor even have the option built in.

Also, a reticle would need to be maintained for mods with their magic taser, otherwise deleting radios and smaller props will become very hard. Same for some fire tools, throwbags etc.

I agree, it does have the possibility of putting some players off, and moderation would become an issue, especially trying to prove that someone wasn't using an overlay too.

Perhaps it could be an option/command, default to on as it is now, but it would allow players who want that extra bit of challenge a realism to turn off their reticle. That way, they are opting themselves to have that added RP at the expense of the disadvantage to themselves if that is how they want to play.
I agree, could be a command. I would have it of as it adds rp for yourself etc. just thought it would add more realism to others as not every shot will hit a suspect or officer, but I agree could affect moderation / magic taser.

I agree, could be a command. I would have it of as it adds rp for yourself etc. just thought it would add more realism to others as not every shot will hit a suspect or officer, but I agree could affect moderation / magic taser.
Perhaps some sort of recoil and/or weapon sway could be the next best thing.

I say it is a good idea for firearms perhaps, but not necessarily for unarmed/tasers. The only reason I say this is because of variety of factors, especially technical in game that some divisions use, especially DSU - aiming reticle at bushes to find MISPERs, aiming reticle at suspect to get the dog to chase them, factors in training etc, and in general for divisions without firearms access. But overall, sound idea to me for firearms especially - then shooting is genuinely realistic and maybe more chaotic/nerve-racking because you don't know if you are going to hit the person or not and stuff.

This can be done client side, DM me on Discord.

As explained in my previous msg, I will be moving this to declined and its not a forced feature we are looking to explore for currently

Status
Not open for further replies.