Accepted Response Driver Training for ERT

The suggestion has been accepted.

Aviation_Joe

Subscriber
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Response Driver Training for ERT

Division: MET - ERT

I would suggest that we have some sort of response driver training for ERT that is encouraged to have but not compulsory. This would help people to realise when you should have blue lights and sirens and when you shouldn’t. I think it would really improve the quality of rp for ERT and would probably boost the driving standards as well. Thanks

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Suggestion Title: Response Driver Training for ERT

Division: MET - ERT

I would suggest that we have some sort of response driver training for ERT that is encouraged to have but not compulsory. This would help people to realise when you should have blue lights and sirens and when you shouldn’t. I think it would really improve the quality of rp for ERT and would probably boost the driving standards as well. Thanks
i like this could work as like a tandem train drive on blue lights

Good morning

Thanks for your suggestion and the input of others

We have been working on numerous packages over the last few months, from CERAD to Blue Light Driver Training (ERDT for short in this instance).

Although the ERDT Courses will not be an “advanced” certification, i am looking to extend the training to incorporate tandem bolt on, and have both packages in one.

Essentially, tandem driving is the basics of what we have and want within the realm to ERDT , but we wish to expand on this to give a more realistic feel to the course, and to further enhance the driving ability and standards of others; primarily ERT.

Within College, we do have an ERDT garage which consists of Class 2, Class C1 (ambulances) and RRVs.

I will accept this, although there is no set deadline to produce the new package(s)