Declined Roles for Media Team to ping

The suggestion has been declined.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baggy

Media Team
Reaction score
Hello! A coupple of days ago, i came across a role that multiple people hold within policemp. This role is " Twitter Subscriber". From my understanding, this role isnt in use at all within police mp and can be found within #role-assignments.

How could media team use this role?

Currently, media team use #policemp-media within discord. Within this channel, there is a wide range of posts from Website insidents, to youtube video's, TikTok Videos, Twitter posts, and Media of the week. In regards to the "Twitter Subscriber" role, this role is a role that people would have the option to give people a ping when twitter posts go out on the police mp socials.

Adding onto this, i have some other suggestions. Same as the twitter subcriber role but for different platforms.
YouTube Subsciber
TikTok Subscriber
and so on.

Now, i am quite aware that one think we do not want to do is to creat a large range of roles that will get lot of dofferent pings. With this being said, I would like to suggets that we have 1x role that Media team can Ping when they do a post. This role could be called whatever the person who adds the roles wants it to be called. A quick exsample, could be Media ping, or Media subscriber, Social media updates. As you can see, there is a large range of names you could call this role.
Another role that i belive would be good to add, is a role for the Incidents that get posted on the policemp website. This role could be called Incident Updates. Users with the role would agai get a ping within the #policemp-media channel when a new Incident artical is posted via the websit. ( This would only be DL+ Who can ping)

The reason behind this:

By adding 2 simple roles, that members of police mp are able to add to there role collection. This would be found in #role-assignment. This feature would have a good increase with views via the police mp website. Algarithm within the different social media platfroms would increase and im sure, would help policemp exspand there socials as a hole. If people dont want to get any pings, then all they would need to do is unreact to one if not both of the media reaction roles. And if they do want to get notifyed when new content is published, they can get a notification via discord to infrom the member that there is new content out ready to be watched. Personaly, I cant see any negative outcomes by adding these roles as if people dont like, they have the option to remove it. If the relevent people wouldnt want to creat some roles as they dont belive it would have any benefit, im sure if we did a 1 or 2 week test with the "Twitter Subscriber" Role, there would be a increase for Twitter views and activity with the platfrom.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Good evening @Baggy

Thank you for your suggestion, we appreciate your thoughts and effort you have put into this suggestion.
However adding additional roles and allowing media teams to ping their created content would not be beneficial. With multiple posts across our social platforms each day, having individual media team members ping their content could lead to excessive notifications, which we aim to avoid. Additionally, while your suggestion offers the option for players to opt in or out using the reaction bot, it could significantly reduce the exposure of important posts when we do ping them in these channels—a scenario we also want to prevent.

Therefore on this occasion we will not be moving forward with your suggestion. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.