Declined Spectator mode

The suggestion has been declined.

FunnyHat

Developer - Tier 2
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I think it would be cool if when you join the game (and are presented with the role selection menu) you should be able to select a special "Spectator" role, which would allow you to fly around the game and watch the activity (spectate players via a menu, fly around the map etc.).

It would disable voice chat and make you invisible, but would be nice if, for example, you were taking a dinner break you could instead swap to spectating a scene etc.

It would also be useful for media creation, since with flight and invisibility in spectator mode you could create some really nice pictures or videos of a scene.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Although this would be a good idea, this would be heavily abused for mini-modding as per rule 2.6

2.6 Moderating on the server
Moderators are there to moderate the server. Players who are not moderators trained, should not be attempting to moderate for the server and may be punished for doing so. Under no circumstances should a non-mod follow other officers in order to gather evidence, attach their camera to another officer, discipline players on behalf of other moderators or take matters into their own hands. If there are no moderators available, one can be requested via the #support channel on Discord. It is encouraged for players to educate and help each other grow, but punishment falls exclusively to the role of moderator.

It is simply the same thing as spectating players for no reason and could lead to a lot of issues more than positive things. We have however have a freecam option in the game so do feel free to utilize that!

Ah yes good point, I hadn't considered the possibility of mini-modding but you're right it would make mini-modding a breeze which isn't what we want.

Hello @Funnyhat1992 !

Thanks for your suggestion.

Whilst I can see the advantages, I believe this will introduce a significant amount of mini-modding. We see an increase of mini-modding as is, and in past, some individuals went as far as following others through other means for the purpose of reporting them. We generally take a stance of, if it doesn't affect others we won't pursue further action. Therefore, I'm afraid we'll have to decline this.

Thanks