Declined Steering wheel support

The suggestion has been declined.

Edgyfa

LFB Trainer
Reaction score
I know that you can use controllers like Xbox controller but I would like to suggest maybe adding steering wheel support so that players with steering wheel can use the ability of using it on the server and enjoy a more realistic driving experience, I accept if this get Accepted or Denied.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I remember there used to be wheel support on the server at one point. Can't say it was the greatest though. Probably why it was removed

I believe the amount of work required to support this for every single wheel manufacturer would make it a massive job for the dev team.

I believe the amount of work required to support this for every single wheel manufacturer would make it a massive job for the dev team.
Nope. Should be a simple drag and drop.

Had it on servers before that I've developed on and it was super easy.

So to be completely honest, i have a wheel myself, but you aren't going to catch me using it for GTA 5. I'd use it for driving but after that, i've got no chance of using it on foot.
Gotta remember our game engine is designed for Controller, or Mouse and Keyboard, adding wheel support would not only be difficult, but i can see it being extremely under-utilised for the sheer amount of effort that it would take to implement it flush with not only just the game itself, but the scripts that the server utilises as well.
As it stands i don't reasonably believe we can commit the time nor resources towards steering wheel support, therefore i will be declining this suggestion at this time.