Declined taser deployment form

The suggestion has been declined.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
i dont think this would be a good suggestion, reason being the amount of times a tazer would get deployed a day and while your on one shift it would just get annoying and boring, again just my opinion.

No one will do the formin my oppinion. We have a POLAC form and that is rarely filled out let alone a taser discharge form

It won't stop taser abuse, it will just add extra realism for those that are willing to do paperwork and actually roleplay. Tried to suggest it in the past, Command didn't like. They could introduce it, but as an optional thing. Don't see the issue with it being optional.

Just so people are aware, each time you use a taser/gun, it gets logged along with the user, target, location ect, therefore admins can see if people are spamming their taser or tasering things they shouldn't, therefore I don't think a taser deployment form is nesessary.

Also IRL they do have them technically - however this will come under the Use of Force when filling out an incident form, which they do after each interaction with a member of the public or dispatched to a call.

I think it would just add an extra step that would be annoying, especially when only a non-lethal. I understand if you did one if someone was seriously hurt as a result of you using one. However, just filling one out every time would take up to much time and quickly become annoying.

I think it would just add an extra step that would be annoying, especially when only a non-lethal. I understand if you did one if someone was seriously hurt as a result of you using one. However, just filling one out every time would take up to much time and quickly become annoying.
Yep - I completely understand PIS (Police Involved Shooting) forms, those are completely justified, just like RTPC tactics self auth form.

Yep - I completely understand PIS (Police Involved Shooting) forms, those are completely justified, just like RTPC tactics self auth form.
Couldn't you argue the same with a taser as it is technically classed as a firearm too? 🤔

Couldn't you argue the same with a taser as it is technically classed as a firearm too? 🤔
No, A taser temp stops a suspect by using electricity to not pose a long-term risk to the person's health. Whereas a firearm is made to stop the suspect and cause harm to the person to stop them. One kills the other just hurts.

For the purpose of the server (as they define not a serious RP server), having to complete a taser deployment every time is silly, where as PIS can be used in conjunction with other reports for a civ case, so in this case you can't compare a taser to a firearm.

Also the UKs legal definition of a gun is a bit messed up - a taser is design to incapacitate for a short period of time, unlike a firearm which is designed as a forever bye bye mechanism. By the UKs definition my nerf gun is a firearm as (given close enough and in the right area of the body) can certainly incapacitate someone

As mentioned above, this has been suggested and declined multiple times. Main reason is, it adds an extra form for everyone to fill out, which not everyone will do.

Instead of a deployment form as stated by other replies it could get tedious, how abouts like the speed camera integration with the discord a taser/discord integration?

This would basically work in the way of everytime a taser is deployed and it comes in contact with another member of the community, then an audit log would be placed in a channel. It could include the officer(s) name who deployed their taser, who got hit by said taser shot along with the time and location.

Instead of a deployment form as stated by other replies it could get tedious, how abouts like the speed camera integration with the discord a taser/discord integration?

This would basically work in the way of everytime a taser is deployed and it comes in contact with another member of the community, then an audit log would be placed in a channel. It could include the officer(s) name who deployed their taser, who got hit by said taser shot along with the time and location.
They already have this implemented (just not visible to us)

There's a fine line between too little paperwork and too much to the point people don't enjoy the game..

I know there are more productive and efficient ways to improve 'taser abuse', either through College trainings, ERT divisional musteroom pings etc.

Rest assured, the College command constantly monitors any divisional issues that may arise to see if we can further improve our standard of teaching in College.

Hello @Kieran89 ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and suggestion.

After careful consideration, we've concluded that we will not be moving forward with your suggestion regarding taser deployment form. While we see the thought and merit behind your idea, it doesn't align with our current development roadmap.

We understand this might be disappointing, but please know that your voice is important to us, and every suggestion is taken seriously and reviewed thoroughly.

Best regards,
Intrise