Declined Taser Training

The suggestion has been declined.
Status
Not open for further replies.

(E5) NOOSE-RYAN

Control Room Supervisor
Reaction score
I think we should scrap the aspect that all PC's will be given a taser when they gain their PC Tag but instead create a new tag (Police - Taser Trained) which can only be gained after completing a training package that could be made available from ERT or College.

This course will allow Police Officers to be trained in the use of a taser as well as surrounding laws and procedures for it deployment.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hi Noose,

This is exactly what is trained within PC Training (Taser Training) not as in depth in regards to laws and such but they have taser training already,

Don't really see a need for this, if somebody is abusing the taser that's a divisional aspect/moderator.

Officers get taught the correct procedure for the taser in college, and what not to do with the taser.

Hi Noose,

This is exactly what is trained within PC Training (Taser Training) not as in depth in regards to laws and such but they have taser training already,

Don't really see a need for this, if somebody is abusing the taser that's a divisional aspect/moderator.
I believed this would bring more realism as not all Met Police Officers carry a taser. If this can not be implemented, what about an updated AT presentation with the key listed occurrences when a taser would NOT be deployed, ie if the offender is in water?

I believed this would bring more realism as not all Met Police Officers carry a taser. If this can not be implemented, what about an updated AT presentation with the key listed occurrences when a taser would NOT be deployed, ie if the offender is in water?
Advance Taser is an ERT additional qualification. Would you like me to move this over to divisional suggestions?
Is this not currently covered within advance taser training?

I've never been tased, whilst in the water, and changing a presentation could be a good idea, however if somebody doesn't have the common sense of not to deploy their electric taser whilst within the water, I feel they would do this regardless of being trained in this further or not.

How many times have you been tased in the water? out of interest.

Advance Taser is an ERT additional qualification. Would you like me to move this over to divisional suggestions?
Is this not currently covered within advance taser training?

I've never been tased, whilst in the water, and changing a presentation could be a good idea, however if somebody doesn't have the common sense of not to deploy their electric taser whilst within the water, I feel they would do this regardless of being trained in this further or not.

How many times have you been tased in the water? out of interest.
Yeah I’ll move it over to the forums and so far I have been twice in water, once at height and once in the rain.

Hello @(O3) NOOSE-RYAN,

The taser training provided by College covers the necessary rules and procedures, regarding the use of a taser within PoliceMP. There is also an Advanced Taser training package, which PCs can obtain, that includes further information surrounding the use of a taser.

Therefore, this suggestion will be declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.