Declined Trainer/Assistants

The suggestion has been declined.

Rombus9

MET Trainer
Reaction score
Maybe could be covered by buddies but recently I underwent motorbike training and for that training you need an additional TPAC unit to help with the pursuit. I was constantly getting rammed of my bike by the person who joined which let me to leave the training. This person was ramming me off on purpose.

My idea is to have a better standard of training by adding Training assistants who are happy to offer up their time. Training assistants will be people who are trusted and have applied for the role so can lose it like any other role but when trainers are running sessions that require an extra driver at some stage it would be good for these "Training assistants" to partake so there is no risk that when the trainer asks in Musteroom that no one is free and that the person you get will be professional as well. It maybe that this could be incorporated into the buddy role.

just an idea. Look forward to any feedback and this is not a report post for the person who was ramming me but just an idea to help prevent it.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I agree with this, however I wouldn't know how to go about it. If people are messing around in training, and causing problems, it should be reported IMMEDIATELY to a SGT+.

I agree with this, however I wouldn't know how to go about it. If people are messing around in training, and causing problems, it should be reported IMMEDIATELY to a SGT+.

I guess its the same with any training you would have a Excel sheet of all the training assistants and when you get allocated a trainer you would get an assistant as well or the trainer can just ask a pool of assistants need you on this day for these trainings etc

Last edited:
This shouldn't really need to be suggested, it's not something that should be happening in the first place. As Freddie said, If this is happening then should be clipped and sent to RTPC Command immediately.

-1 I think this adds a further limiting factor on when trainings can take place as this would mean a minimum of 3 people need to be available at the same time for a training to take place and for people like me who work weekends and are often unavailable on evenings it would make it very hard to arrange a time slot.

-1 I think this adds a further limiting factor on when trainings can take place as this would mean a minimum of 3 people need to be available at the same time for a training to take place and for people like me who work weekends and are often unavailable on evenings it would make it very hard to arrange a time slot.
You could have a pool of people almost like a musteroom of training assistants and that way you just go in there saying 2 tpac for this and you should get a quick answer.

You could have a pool of people almost like a musteroom of training assistants and that way you just go in there saying 2 tpac for this and you should get a quick answer.
Yes that would be great in theory however by limiting the number of people that can help you are making it more likely for no one to be available to help especially at strange times.

Yes that would be great in theory however by limiting the number of people that can help you are making it more likely for no one to be available to help especially at strange times.
I do see where your coming from maybe its an ok idea but in practice would not actually work.

And as you say everyone has different times that would work for them so I do fully agree with you.

I dont see a need for this - in a training people should be respectful and considerate. They shouldn't mess around or hinder it, especially to the point where you as the trainee had to leave. Especially in a division like RTPC that is not acceptable and I am sure one of the SGTs when they see this would think similarly. By what you had described it had become definitely a divisional issue and maybe a moderation issue at the time, if they were that bad that you had to leave. Asking for help in game is mostly all you need and having dedicated training assistants just limits training sessions.

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion!

If people are found to be messing around, then it ultimately becomes a moderation issue and it should be reported. Unfortunately, I don't see the value in most cases of having dedicated assistants, especially when the majority of divisions intake on likes of once a month/every couple of months. It would be more admin to maintain than add value. I would expect though for members of divisions to be able to have the right attitude whilst others are getting trained.

Thanks