Declined Utilise some (or all) of the newer 16 point classification system used for suspect identification.

The suggestion has been declined.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Would be nice, but I think this would be best if it was up to the officer to use, rather than it being taught to everyone, or being required to use instead of the current one we use at the moment. It would be hard for a lot of people to remember these.

Especially with the lack of pin-point identification we're able to do on a suspect in the server, it would likely lead to mis-identification

Would be nice, but I think this would be best if it was up to the officer to use, rather than it being taught to everyone, or being required to use instead of the current one we use at the moment. It would be hard for a lot of people to remember these.

Especially with the lack of pin-point identification we're able to do on a suspect in the server, it would likely lead to mis-identification
Think I agree with lexi, a lot of people barely under IC codes, and only a few do use them. Some people will just say white, mixed race etc when describing a suspect which I believe is equally acceptable

From what I've seen in real life the 16 point system is more used on crime reports (primarily to assist with analysis and Home Office stats) so maybe it would be better on forms for PoliceMP crime reports to stay true to real life.

Normally though for dispatch I believe IC codes are used or just saying the colour as it gets the relevant infomation across quickly and I believe custody logs tend to use IC codes as alot of systems interact directly with PNC which only uses IC codes. I believe NLEDS/LEDS is going to stick with IC codes as well so custody will probably stick mostly with IC codes.

I guess in my own weird way I'm saying instead of a blanket yes or no maybe it depends what what paperwork or purpose the code is being used for.

Last edited:
Hi there, while I do see benefit in this, most players are happy with the IC code system and I feel this would simply further confuse those who struggle currently. No issues at all with using this format within reports if you wish, but overall I would rather it stayed as it was for the sake of simplicity.

Thank you for your suggestion,
Senior Police Command