Closed - Acknowledged VRN - Emergency Vehicles

This status contains valuable community suggestions that have been acknowledged by the Development Team. While these ideas are not scheduled for immediate implementation, they are recognized for their potential and may be considered in future development plans.
Reaction score
Emergency Vehicles should use VRNs similar to IRL and not have markers, a number of times I have gone past a vehicle be it ambulance, police or firefighter and my ANPR has bleeped at me. Can we have unique VRNs for Emergency Vehicles which cannot have markers on them to avoid this please.

This would definitely need a Dev to respond, or least somebody with knowledge as I think the concept of the ANPR is initially for AI/Civilian vehicles, restricting it bleeping up may be difficult or not even possible. The markers itself is something that is randomised across all vehicles in game from experience. Police should know to ignore emergency service vehicle markers etc. In terms of the numberplates, visually all plates are married up to IRL police vehicle, a google check will confirm this for you also.

This would definitely need a Dev to respond, or least somebody with knowledge as I think the concept of the ANPR is initially for AI/Civilian vehicles, restricting it bleeping up may be difficult or not even possible. The markers itself is something that is randomised across all vehicles in game from experience. Police should know to ignore emergency service vehicle markers etc. In terms of the numberplates, visually all plates are married up to IRL police vehicle, a google check will confirm this for you also.
However I have Done DVSA Vehicle Search on a few police car plates and they aren't on there so some of them are made up

However I have Done DVSA Vehicle Search on a few police car plates and they aren't on there so some of them are made up
Out of interest do you have any examples?

I say all, mostly all. I know in the past I have checked and the ones I checked were on there.
Some may not be on the vehicle searching database as 1. not left police service and 2. potentially written off.

The suggestion was more so to make the plates not come up as markers on ANPR, which again as I said, it's randomised to all vehicles in game. Even those without a registration (like in Civ) they will still flick up a registration that's auto generated upon spawn.

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion regarding markers on emergency vehicles. We truly appreciate the time and thought you've put into this idea.

We've updated the status of your suggestion to "Closed - Acknowledged." This means that while your idea holds merit and may be considered for future development, we're not planning to implement it immediately due to current priorities.

Your contribution is valuable, and we'll keep your suggestion on file for potential inclusion in our future planning.

Best regards,
Intrise