Suggestion Accepted Aux - Civ Roleplay: Button command to put Postal in Text Chat

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

(OT1) Chinny

Inspector
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Button command to put Postal in Text Chat

Division: Aux - Civ Roleplay

Quite regularly officers would post in text chat any CCTV / ANPR for said vehicle they are looking for. This requires the Civ to either be parked up somewhere to type, or to have a second Civ with them to post this info.

Having a button, quick command or similar to auto post the current postal as you'd expect from an ANPR response would save them having to stop and potentially getting found by officers due to typing out a response.

It would need the basics: ANPR | Reg | Direction | Road | Postal - ANPR | RG22 9LN | N/B | M25 | 400

This also reduces the need for Civs to engage in text chat when being pursued.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Quite regularly officers would post in text chat any CCTV / ANPR for said vehicle they are looking for. This requires the Civ to either be parked up somewhere to type, or to have a second Civ with them to post this info.

Having a button, quick command or similar to auto post the current postal as you'd expect from an ANPR response would save them having to stop and potentially getting found by officers due to typing out a response.

It would need the basics: ANPR | Reg | Direction | Road | Postal - ANPR | RG22 9LN | N/B | M25 | 400

I like this as a non-civ point of view. On multiple occasions we (RTPC) put pings out, and I have been in the area of the civ, and whilst they're typing I have found them, making it clearly annoying for the civ because they're stopped whilst typing. This would be a great addition to the server making it a bit more realistic. +1

It would also stop BIAS as some civs tend to put portals that are way further back then they actually are or put random postals to lead them on a wild goose chase. With an automated system it will tell us exactly/nearest location to where they are.

Love this idea, Not sure if it's possible but would be really cool to see this implemented. +1

It would also stop BIAS as some civs tend to put portals that are way further back than they actually are or put random postals to lead them on a wild goose chase. With an automated system it will tell us exactly/nearest location to where they are.
Got to take into account that ANPR cameras aren’t everywhere and hopefully a happy medium could be managed for this.

This actually reminded me of a suggestion I made a while back

Hello (OS3) Chinny,

I will be approving this suggestion as i am sure you are aware something like this has been added into the game today and is going to be very interesting seeing it working.

Many Thanks
(CR1) Davies
Deputy Head of Civilian Operations
& Civilian Operations Command Team