Suggestion Declined Aux - Civ Roleplay: CIV Actor Handcuff Interaction Script

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

(NS2) AlexSure

Game Moderator
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: CIV Actor Handcuff Interaction Script

Division: Aux - Civ Roleplay

A server sided Handcuff acceptance script.

Throughout my time in Civilian Roleplay myself and many others have had multiple accounts where CIV actors are unable to resist arrest. For example, an officer asks you to step out of the vehicle and instantly detains you giving you no option but to alter the backstory of your RP. Furthermore, this is common if the CIV is attempting to melee attack them with or without a weapon, the officer will just Cuff mid animation.

As soon as the officer has cuffed you, you cannot do much at all, you are their property essentially.
Most you can do is "/do spit in face" and "/do kicks officers".

The development of this script, which is possible, would allow CIVs to resist arrest at these road traffic stops and run. Therefore a need for additional units (DSU and NPAS) would be greater.

Obviously the only downside of this would be abuse by the CIV RP actors. However, this should be watched closely and any CIVs abusing it would be dealt with divisionally (Denying the Handcuff over and over without probable cause/reason).

Key binds can be configured in FiveM settings or Menu UI [ENTER]
"[" = Accept Arrest
"]" = Resist Arrest

Notification for Resisting Arrest to Officers Nearby Radius.

File(s) attached

Attachments

• CIV CUFF.png
    CIV CUFF.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 41
  • CIV MENU.png
    CIV MENU.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 41
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Never seen a more needed suggestion. It gets annoying when you're pulled over and arrested for simply driving a CIV vehicle. I was once at a mod interaction and I had my car with me, got cuffed whilst talking to the person who sent the F2 request. Then you're stuck in the cuff animation once let go and need to /customchar to reset it again. This would solve a lot of problems all around.

Suggestion Title: CIV Actor Handcuff Interaction Script

Division: Aux - Civ Roleplay

A server sided Handcuff acceptance script.

Throughout my time in Civilian Roleplay myself and many others have had multiple accounts where CIV actors are unable to resist arrest. For example, an officer asks you to step out of the vehicle and instantly detains you giving you no option but to alter the backstory of your RP. Furthermore, this is common if the CIV is attempting to melee attack them with or without a weapon, the officer will just Cuff mid animation.

As soon as the officer has cuffed you, you cannot do much at all, you are their property essentially.
Most you can do is "/do spit in face" and "/do kicks officers".

The development of this script, which is possible, would allow CIVs to resist arrest at these road traffic stops and run. Therefore a need for additional units (DSU and NPAS) would be greater.

Obviously the only downside of this would be abuse by the CIV RP actors. However, this should be watched closely and any CIVs abusing it would be dealt with divisionally (Denying the Handcuff over and over without probable cause/reason).

Key binds can be configured in FiveM settings or Menu UI [ENTER]
"[" = Accept Arrest
"]" = Resist Arrest

Notification for Resisting Arrest to Officers Nearby Radius.

File(s) attached
I like this suggestion, if they resist you can roleplay with them in game with verbal commands which would make it more engaging. Very valid points made by Lexi and Mark too. +1

Great suggestion, perhaps this could be merged with a script to allow officers front cuff or rear cuff option and fix the bugs with current cuff script.

Hello Alex

Thank you for your suggestion this is something that is currently being worked on so as such will be declining this suggestion in favour of letting the devs figure it out.

Many Thanks
(CR1) Big Al
Deputy Head of Civilian Operations